Interesting discussion on finding work in Canberra

Kurkprop

There is an interesting discussion going on at the RIOTACT forum right now started by a new immigrant looking for work in Canberra.

I'm posting the link here as I know there are some people here looking for work at the moment/ soon to start the process and you might find some helpful advice.

Good luck and fingers crossed for everyone going through this pain in the arse process. Perseverance will pay off!

http://the-riotact.com/a-new-immigrant-asking-for-employment-advice/120541

Thanks for the post.

Marilise, any news yet???

Nope Bams - the latest timeframe posted for 190 visa is 7 weeks, so two more weeks of waiting for us.

Sorry Marilise. I didn't post it to scare you. I thought it shows how willing people are to give helpful advice and encouragement to strangers, and to an immigrant nogal! I was hoping that people would find it encouraging. Job seeking sucks but there are lots of people out there who are willing to help and share information.

Sorry Marilise. I didn't post it to scare you. I thought it shows how willing people are to give helpful advice and encouragement to strangers, and to an immigrant nogal! I was hoping that people would find it encouraging. Job seeking sucks but there are lots of people out there who are willing to help and share information.

Kurkprop - no you did not scare me with the article, it is encouragement indeed. I meant the whole job searching thing is scary! I have been very fortunate to have never been unemployed in my whole working career, in fact only worked for three employers in my 22 years, so this unemployment/job searching I am facing is EXTREMELY daunting!!