Come end of the Year or Begin 2014

Guest May

There have been many posts and I myself asked the question at the time, to cross before year end or in new year because after all December is quiet! the chances of finding a job scarce.

This is my observation/

towards the end of the year that is November onwards 2012 and 2013 the job market picked up. I make this mention for finance and IT. I cant speak for the other professions but in my husband's field that is when they renewed contracts

Its hard I may have forfeited a possible opportunity because it was healthier for the soul at the time to spend our 'last' christmas with family.

Come towards year end ( my 2c. :grads: )

There have been many posts and I myself asked the question at the time, to cross before year end or in new year because after all December is quiet! the chances of finding a job scarce.

This is my observation/

towards the end of the year that is November onwards 2012 and 2013 the job market picked up. I make this mention for finance and IT. I cant speak for the other professions but in my husband's field that is when they renewed contracts

Its hard I may have forfeited a possible opportunity because it was healthier for the soul at the time to spend our 'last' christmas with family.

Come towards year end ( my 2c. :grads: )

Its an interesting observation. When I arrived a couple of days before the election there was absolutely nothing for me. I then moved from Melbourne to Sydney and on the Monday of the second week in October I got five phone calls from recruiters. It was like someone flicked a switch and said its OK to start hiring now. I did only get one interview, but luckily got the job. I have had regular emails from recruiters on LinkedIn regarding my availability since then.

Sometimes I just love I.T. (mostly hate it and the long hours...)

Will definitely keep this in mind when our visa is granted...