I feel like a chamelion on a smartiebox~

whisperingshadow

Hello there!

So, we've finally made the decision. But man, this is confusing!! I've waded thru the immi website and the more I read, the more confused or hopeless I become :)

My hubby is an electrician by qualification (he has 7 years experience - but that was 17 years ago). He is currently employed (has been for 17 years) as despatch manager. He has his Trade Certificate but not his Wireman's Licence.

My experience is even less "desirable." I only have 12 years experience in the Logistics field - but no qualifications.

Anybody out there have any advice on what would be the quickest way to get out of SA? If I could get on that plane tomorrow, I will - believe me.

PS - the 100-Step list is great and does provide some order in the process.

Linda

Hi Linda

Welcome to the forum. I dont have any advise on which route for you and hubby, but suggest that you perhaps speak to an agent. There are many here on the forum and even some of the "outside" ones will be more than willing to give you some input. We use Reuven and his team at Migrate2Oz, www.migrate2oz.co.za or reuven@migrate2oz.co.za

Good luck with the journey ahead and see you in Oz.

It might be wise to consult an agent, usually when proving experience, you have to have been working in the occupation that you nominate for a certain period within the last 3 years or so. Don't worry about wiremans license, not needed, anyway the wiring rules would be sightly different and form part of the theory test that one writes in order to get an A class electrical license................which in itself is a big pain.

Unfortunately for most of the skilled migration options you need to have a certain number of years of experience (3, 5 or 8 depending on how many points you are claiming) in the past 10 years. Also, if I remember correctly you need to have worked in your nominated occupation for at least the 12 moths prior to applying.

I don't know if there are any other ways that gets around these requirements. I wouldn't normally suggest an agent since most people should be able to do a Visa application themselves, but in your case you probably will have to just to find out if there is any possible way.

Welcome and good luck. I can recommend Migrate2Oz, I think we'd all like to get on a aeroplane tomorrow if we had the chance...

Question - is the 100 step process still correct? I think Jordy put it together before SkillSelect...?

Good luck with everything!

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Good luck with your journey. Best thing in the beginning would be to contact an agent for some advice.

Hi Linda,

Can't help with info on the route forward for you unfortunately but wanted to say welcome and good luck with the process!

I would agree that perhaps chatting to an agent would help directing you in the best way forward.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I would suggest speaking to an agent, they will direct you to the right path. We use the same agents as Bams recommended and they are awesome! Very professional.

Thanks all! I saw this morning on IMMagineOz that Queensland now have Logistics & Supply Management on their Skills list. From what I've seen so far, it looks far more do-able than the Electrician route. Will keep you all posted on our progress.

It's really wonderful to know there is shoulders to cry on :ilikeit: and a super support-system from people who have boldly gone where we haven't gone before ... :jester:

Linda

I really liked the IMMagine guys when we went to their talk a while ago. :)

Good luck with everything, am really glad your skill is on the list, makes all the difference!