The Affordable Travel Club

Bob

Mates of ours from the eastern States have put us "in the know" about the Affordable Travel Club.

It's an American set-up that basically lets you host people in the club, in return for you getting put up at other club members' houses . . . . very cheaply.

It's not into profit.

Many of you guys are coming to look, see discover Australia and will need cheap accomodation for a few days in a number of locations.

Looking at the website, the club has members all over the place . . . . America, Australia, Canada, South Africa, Britain, etc.

www.affordabletravelclub.com

Check it out. If it suits your needs then join!

Hi Bob

Thanx for that posting, I'm sure that some of our members will be able to make use of the club.

I think the correct address is www.affordabletravelclub.net as I tried the dot com address and didn't have much joy. Also, may I suggest you use links when you post a www? Like this click here :ilikeit:

I notice in the blurb that the club is for people over the age of 40 - just so that all you young'uns don't get too excited! :ilikeit:

Cindylou

Yeahhhhh Finally something for over 40's :ilikeit: Sorry...... just got a little excited..... :ilikeit:

Sorry . . . . . didn't realise you had to be an old fart to join, but there may be one or two that are in that category.

Australia lets you get in up to the age of 45 generally.

I'm 54 and only have 7 weeks and 1 day to go ( . . . but who's counting??) before I turn 55, which is the legal minimum age in Australia when you can retire and get my pinkies on all that lurvly superannuation money I've been investing for the past 30 years nearly and tap into a generous regular fortnightly pension, courtesy of the Australian government just for its employees.

Me and my wife intend to host folks coming to Adelaide and also use its network for travel, for overseas when we can't take our caravan with us . . . the most popular form of travelling in Australia with its great climate.

Sorry . . . . . didn't realise you had to be an old fart to join, but there may be one or two that are in that category.
To borrow verbage from that brilliant Australian TV Ad http://video.vividas.com/media/4291_TourismAus/media/windows1.html' target="_blank"> : Who the Bloody Hell are you calling an OLD FART??? :ilikeit::ilikeit:

How do you do a link with out typing the whole http:// story, like Hendie & Cindylou did. :sleep1:

The bloody advert is marvellous!! :ilikeit::ilikeit: