What is the truth about Mandela

AndreaL

I just happened to come across this. What do you think? Please keep this a civil discussion.

Mandela: Reporting his death and the search for the truth http://guardianlv.com/2013/10/mandela-reporting-his-death-and-the-search-for-the-truth/

http://guardianlv.com/2013/08/nelson-mandela-dies-greed-lives-on-video/

Hi there,

Personally I think he's dead, and that he died back when the original supposedly "false" reports surfaced (April/May I think?). If that is the case then I am:

1. Baffled as to what their motives could be for trying to suppress the truth

2. Curious as to when and how they plan to eventually make the announcement of his death - or do they think if they keep it suppressed long enough the whole world and all South Africans will just forget about it all together and assume Mandela is living to a ripe old age of 150 :blink:

3. Completely amazed that they would be arrogant enough to play South Africa and the whole world for a fool on such an important matter. People may have different views on him, but Mandela is a global icon and if they have hidden his death and it was to later come out that they did I think it would be extremely embarrassing for the government in the global context - not that I think the government would even care though, they're too thick skinned and insulated from reality to care.

z

Edited by zetman

I agree.. think he is dead - but how are they able to keep it from the world?? Someone will talk??

Once again, people give the government too much credit if they thinkthat they could keep his death a secret. Too many variables to control. Do you think the country looks the way it does because they're good at this kind of thing?

• Like 1

My theory is that he is dead. .. but government won't allow him to "die" until after the elections. So many South Africans look to him as if he were the father of the ANC. If he died before the elections then the link that keep so many devoted to the Anc would be broken...

If it is a cover up then it's the worst cover up ever. They say he was sent home with the necessary ICU equipment for his family to be able to look after him there. The reason people get put into ICU is to keep their week failing systems in a sterile environment, how is a home sterile enough for that.

Why they are waiting to announce his death is anyone's guess. Maybe they want to turn it into another freedom fighter event and cause as much trouble as possible.

Just to make everybody aware this is the Las Vegas Guardian, not the most reliable source. I remember reading one of their initial articles reporting Mandela's death where they had misspelled Zuma's name throughout the article. I very much doubt our government is capable of a cover up this advanced, not to mention trying to keep all those feuding family members quiet, makes no sense to me at all!

• Like 1

I think he is still alive. That is not something they will be able to keep quiet about for more than 24 hours.

I do tend to agree that they wouldn't be able to keep a secret for that long. Somebody would blab.

MrsJ

That was my thought exactly, not exactly a reliable source, but I was intrigued by the sound bite, although they could be talking about anyone.

I agree with HEOJ though, very odd to let a man who is essentially kept alive by machines go home.........................

His family is has been in court trying to take his money even before he is dead, Mandela has donated it all to his charity, the family wants it and they fighting each other over who wants how much of it, while at the same time trying to say he was incompitent to give it all to charity, add to that the son was digging up family graves and moving them to try and change where Mandela eventually gets buried (Mandla the son is currently in court over this).

There is no way on that his family would keep this quiet, as soon as he is dead there will be a fresh round of court cases for his family to fight over his money again, and it would affect Mandla's court case so he would keep quiet at his own expense.

This story is a tabloid trying to generate readership

Edited by Nev

I confess I have often wondered, after driving past the headlines posted on lampposts: exactly how long someone can be in a "stable but critical condition." How long has this been the case now???

I really don't know what to believe. I agree that our gov isn't very skilled at much other than corruption and lining their pockets - but with sweeping stuff under the carpet, or simply denying anything happened... umm, they're pretty good at that.

So my **guess** would be that he probably did pass away, and when the story breaks for real, Zuma will say he had no idea. :P

Seriously though... there are a few conspiracy theories doing the rounds, plus naturally the people freaking out about Uhuru (or whatever it's called???).

I think all they've done is cheated a nation out of their right to mourn an international icon and hero.

I do hope they prove it either way soon.

• Like 1