Through Disappointments

Guest May

by Joyce Meyer - posted November 07, 2013

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
—1 Corinthians 10:13 NKJV

People will disappoint you. Life will disappoint you. Things will happen that you did not expect to happen, and you have to believe in the power of God and be able to say, “I can do whatever I need to do through Christ who strengthens me.” God will never allow more to come to us than we can bear, so it’s foolish to say, “I can’t stand this. I can’t do this.” We don’t always understand why, but we know God has His reasons, and we can get through it.

Nobody can keep you unhappy if you don’t want to be unhappy. Stop giving somebody else the responsibility for your joy. If you’ll start to do what you can do and stop worrying about what you can’t do, God can get involved and make some miraculous things happen in your life. I know that hurts are deep and painful, but we have to be very careful about just sitting in our boat and nursing our wounds for too long. There’s a time to grieve, and there’s a time you have to move on.

Lord, my joy is found in You, and I can’t rely upon others or life to bring me happiness. Help me to live in the strength You give. Amen.

This is so true...

God has been amazing to us (will do a post later on this), but He has just shown that if we put our trust 100% in Him, he will provide a way.

Thank you Father God for your amazing and endless blessings in my life.

Wow, I really think this is meant for me too, THANKS :ilikeit:

My friend sent me this verse yesterday :D That tells me something!

Thanks for the post, May!

This is so true. We don't always understand but ALL will be revealed. I've read of your trying times and know everything will work out for you according to His will. When we get through the storms in life and look back we understand and breathe a sigh of relief and know that it was He who carried us.