The Prayer of Commitment

Guest May

The Prayer of Commitment

by Joyce Meyer - posted October 30, 2013

Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.

—1 Peter 5:7

When we are tempted to worry or take the care of some situation in life, we should pray the prayer of commitment. For example, if I have done my best to get to an appointment on time, and due to circumstances beyond my control it appears I am going to be late, I have learned to pray the prayer of commitment. I say, “Lord, I am giving this situation to You; do something to make things work out right.” I find that when I do that, things do work out all right. Either the Lord gives me favor with those I am supposed to meet and they totally understand, or I arrive and find they were also running behind and were concerned I would have to wait for them.

God intervenes in our situations when we commit them to Him. Commit to the Lord your children, your marriage, your personal relationships, and especially anything you may be tempted to be concerned about.

In order to succeed at being ourselves, we must continually be committing ourselves to God, giving to Him those things that appear to be holding us back. Only God can take proper care of those types of situations.

Lord, I commit into Your hands and care everything that is going on in my life. I desire that You may be glorified today and forever. Amen.

Thanks for this May, my OH is writing IELTS on the 9th and he needs 8 in all bands for the points, so we are nervous. We sometimes forget that we just need to trust Him to work it out according to His will.

Thanks May. This is soooo true. He has been blessing us out of our socks and know that if it was not for Him, these things would not come to pass.

Micah2:10, l only now see the resemblance in your name and timeline... How awesome!!