Accounting job on Gold Coast

Jeje

Hi

I am a qualified accountant with over 15 years experience in the accounting field (both in commerce and public practice). I am struggling to find work on the Gold Coast. If I apply for management positions I am told I need Australian experience and when I apply for lower level jobs (in order to gain experience) I am told I am too qualified. I can't seem to win.

If anyone out there has an accounting jobs available please let me know as I am now desperate.

• 4 months later...

Hi Jeje I see u posted this in October any luck yet on the accounting front. We have just arrived now on the Gold Coast and my husband is now looking for work - any tips or contacts he is willing to start at a junior position again.

Humwill, the last time Jeje was seen on the forum is on 12th October 2013.

Ok thx Mara - any other South Africans on the Gold Coast who are accountants and can help? there must be some South Africans out there that have some contacts by now ...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I am a qualified accountant with over 15 years experience in the accounting field (both in commerce and public practice). I am struggling to find work on the Gold Coast. If I apply for management positions I am told I need Australian experience and when I apply for lower level jobs (in order to gain experience) I am told I am too qualified. I can't seem to win.

If anyone out there has an accounting jobs available please let me know as I am now desperate.

I am completely in the same boat as you.....we are in Melbourne!!! Its crazy, all the feedback is wonderful, BUT I do not have that elusive local experience! SO, I have applied to be financial manager for an NGO for a couple of months and they will provide a reference for the work done. Lets hope that works out.

The other thing is that I REALLY am trying to go for the lower positions (I am not fussy at all), but they do not want to consider me because I am over qualified/experienced and they fear that I will up and move at the first opportunity to something better....Catch 22 situation.

Good luck, I am with you in this.