Need info on visit to Sydney

Sam

Hi everyone

I need some info. We are going to Sydney for a few days and I have seen some of the major sights on a previous visit including:

Royal botanical gardens,

The Rocks,

Darling Harbour,

Circular Quay,

Can you please suggest other interesting things to do and see? I want to see some new and exiting things that are inexpensive. Thanks!

Hi Sam,

Did you take the ferry to Manly? That in itself is one of the nicest ferry rides you'll ever have - fantastic view! Once in Manly, you can go to the North Head for breathtaking views of the city (to the South) or the Northern Beaches (to the North) - no entrance fee's, the view is free! Also, while in Manly, go to "The Ivanhoe" - it's between the ferry wharf and the beach -you get a $10 steak there that is out of this world! I'm a very fussy eater and I can tell you, it's worth every mouthwatering bite!

Hyde Park in the CBD is also worth a visit and right next to the park is the St Mary's Cathedral - a must see! (Free) Across the road is "The Barracks" - a convict museum worth a visit - they have a minimal entrance fee.

Thanks Riekie, I will go and see all the places you've mentioned.

Somewhere on this forum or RN somebody mentioned that there is a Spur and a Mikes Kitchen in Sydney. I found the Penrith Spur (I think) one on the web but that is very far and we don't want to spend so much money on a taxi. Are there any South African restaurants like Spur and Mikes Kitchen near Sydney CBD or a little way out?

Another thing, what is the weather like this time of year? Shall I bring denims and warm jackets? We intend to spend much time outdoors.

Thanks for the advice!

http://www.mikeskitchen.com.au/location.php

It seems like I'll have to wait untill we make a visit to the Gold Coast to be able to have Mike's Kitchen ribs. :ilikeit:

Yes, there is a SPUR in Victoria Rd, Parramatta (to the West of the city) - their number is: 9684 4900 If I must guess, they would be about 15 to 20 minutes from the city.

There's also a Panarotti's in Church Str, Parramatta - don't know their number, but will look it up & post it here later.

Do you know of The Meat Co at Darling Harbour - its next to the Imax (I think there's another coffee shop in between, but you can't miss it). I believe you must make a reservation, it's a very popular restaurant.

Spur Steak Ranch

Address:378 Victoria Rd Cnr Park Rd

Rydalmere, NSW 2116 Phone:(02) 9684 4900 Fax:(02) 9684 4263Toll Free:None ProvidedE-mail:None Provided Web Site:None Provided

Panarottis:

Shop 3, 486 Church Street

North Paramatta, Sydney

North Paramatta, SydneyarrGreen.gif (+0961) 298909399

Hi there

Palm beach is absolutely beautiful, you can have fish and chips on the beach at Sunset or catch the ferry across to The basin beach and have a picnic lunch there.

West Head is also amazing, views forever.

We have had a few days of clouds but nothing that needs a long sleeve shirt or jersey. I would bring a drymac incase of rain we have had a few showers last few days on and off. If outside in the evening you might want a thin jersey or tracksuit top.

If you would like to meet up for a BBQ or picnic I am sure I can get Riekie, Ajay, Madeline and few others together, let us know how much time you have.

S

• 3 weeks later...

Have you thought of visiting http://www.ribsandrumps.com.au/ it is owned by a South African it is great steakhouse.

You could also visit ribs and rumps in Gordon just take a train from Wynyard station to Gordon. Get off at Gordon station walk up St Johns rd turn right into pacific highway about 10 min walk to the

Ribs and Rumps Grill & Seafood: Gordon

Gordon Centre 808 Pacific Hwy

Tel: (02) 9498 4411

Fax: (02) 9498 5600

Or you could take a ferry from circular quay to manly

Ribs and Rumps Grill & Seafood: Manly

35 South Steyne Manly

Tel: (02) 9977 3476

Fax: (02) 9977 3567