Rookie Belling

JaxBell82

Hi, we have decided that Australia is where we need to be to bring our kids up. We decided about a month ago and have been doing so much research that my head is spinning most of the time. We saw agent last Sat and are planning to sign forms and pay by Friday. Such a huge decision.

We are a small family of 4, Hubby 33, myself 31 and the 2 kiddies 4 and 10. Hubby is an accountant for a footwear manufacturing company in Durbs, i am a stay at home mom but hoping once we settle overseas to work again. Hoping to move in the next 18 months. This forum is so helpful and informative, hoping that everything goes smoothly.

Welcome!

Were in Aus are you thinking of heading to?

Shout if you have questions!

Thanks for welcomes. I am wanting to either go to Perth, Melbourne somewhere close to the beaches, my Dad has always raved about Perth as many SA people are there, think the scary things is that we don't have many friends over there and the thought of moving and not knowing to much - I can image us been suck in the house not to sure what to do. Gathering as much info as I can, still got some time...

Hi Jax, just an idea. Since you have so many of us at your finger tips, you might want to run some of your plans past us, before you sign. Agents are a notorious subject and if I hear "sign and pay" I get nervous. Please dont pay all upfront, you can normally do pay as you go (to make sure they actually do something).

• Like 2

Ditto above post. Pay by Friday makes me say "oh dear". Use the forum to test the water before you dive in.

I have been so stressed with this whole agent thing, I got referred by 2 people, 1 already has visa and one still in the process, I see some post have had some negative things to say about them but I like the thought of having them based here in Kzn, not sure how the other ones work... They are Network Migration Service and have been dealing with Andy Kerr. I have seen the post were quite awhile ago about them and was just hoping that they had sorted out there probs. just want to get started, I have put this whole thing on hold for years and I want it done. I could do it myself as I am a stay at home mom but I wouldn't want to mess things up and land up costing us more - want someone who knows what they are doing and can help with Hubby getting job once we got visas.

Welcome to the forum, I hope someone can fill you in about your agent.

We were from Durban and our agents were in JHB, Migrate2Oz - it didn't make any difference that they were not close by. Another thing, I haven't heard of an agent who can assist in finding your husband work - unless I've misunderstood ?

Perth and Melbourne are both great choices, but don't rule out the other places around Australia - go where you will find employment, you can always move to the seaside later.

All the best with your plans to move down under.

I have been so stressed with this whole agent thing, I got referred by 2 people, 1 already has visa and one still in the process, I see some post have had some negative things to say about them but I like the thought of having them based here in Kzn, not sure how the other ones work... They are Network Migration Service and have been dealing with Andy Kerr. I have seen the post were quite awhile ago about them and was just hoping that they had sorted out there probs. just want to get started, I have put this whole thing on hold for years and I want it done. I could do it myself as I am a stay at home mom but I wouldn't want to mess things up and land up costing us more - want someone who knows what they are doing and can help with Hubby getting job once we got visas.

Jax, to be completely honest it doesn't really matter where is SA your agents are as long as they are reputable and trustworthy.

We are currently working with Reuven and Monica at Migrate2oz. They are absolutely amazing an constantly on the ball. Maybe do a little digging and research before simply signing on the dotted line.

• Like 2

Ok, I have contacted 3 agents that have been recommended on this site, waiting for feedback. If I was confused before, I sure haven't helped the matter, sure once I get to chat to them things may seem clearer. Thanks for feedback.

Ok, I have contacted 3 agents that have been recommended on this site, waiting for feedback. If I was confused before, I sure haven't helped the matter, sure once I get to chat to them things may seem clearer. Thanks for feedback.

Try not to stress to much. We are all here to help and support each other.

At the end of The day, only you know what is right for your family.

Our agent is in Sydney and he has been really great. His fees are also very reosonable compared to what the agents charge over here. His email is ptlabs@gmail.com. You pay half his fee when you sign up and the other half before he lodges the visa application. We also met him at his offices in Sydney when we went over to be admitted as lawyers in April 2013. He was referred to us by friends.

Welcome and may your journey be a smooth one.

Take a deep breath and don't panic. Far better to wait a little longer and use the right agent if that's the way you want to go.

A number have people have done this themselves though. I think the "new" SkillSelect program is a lot easier to navigate than the old system. BriD has recently done this all herself - maybe check with her how she found it all.

Good luck with everything!

Firstly, welcome to the forum!

There has indeed in the past been many comments made about Andy Kerr and Network Migration, many of them negative. We did sign up with them back in 2005 and they were pretty OK in their service although I did have to hassle them a few times to get the job done. We got our visas end of 2007 but I have to admit that I wasted a year by not having the guts or energy to complete all the paperwork. The online application system only came into effect shortly after we lodged our paper based application and I remember how we then had to see many newly online submitted applications were approved before our paper based application but we got there in the end. I've only spoken to Andy at the seminar and the day we signed the contract and handed our money over. After that, we never ever heard from him again and our matter was dealt with by his consultants, which I might add, changed a few times due to staff turnover.

I can't really tell you to go ahead with them and I can't really tell you not to go ahead with them. The decision in the end is yours and with all the help here on the forum, hopefully you can make a more informed decision on who you'd like to go with to handle your case.

Good luck with the rest of your journey!

I just want to say that you should be very skeptical of an agent who promises to help you find employment. I hope the process goes smoothly for you!

Hi Jax, don't let any agent bully you into paying anything in a hurry. If that's all they talk about in the beginning then you can be sure they are only focused on money.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the rest of the process and planning, this is a tough but rewarding journey. Hope things go smoothly for you guys.