My first post :)

LHoeven

Hi :)

I have been doing alot of reading on the forum, and today have the guts to post for the first time. This forum is extremely handy and allays alot of fears a family might have of emigrating.

My husband and I thought about emigrating for the first time in 2011, and needless to say, although we made that first step of finding out through an agent what is required, things got so hectic in terms of our personal lives, that the thought fizzled out.

About a few months back, I spoke to hubby again, and now we are actively researching.

I have read alot of members stories on here, and mine and hubby seems different.

We will be going on husbands skill - he is a dentist, and we want to go through the public workforce scheme. This means that we will have to go on a 457 visa, and be based in a rural town.

At this point we are waiting for interviews to be set-up, and dependent on these, we will know for certain whether emigrating is on the cards for us.

Now that I have done my first post, I feel much less like a stalker on the forum :)

Hope to remain an active participant!

• Like 1

Welcome. Hope the journey is a smooth one for you.

• Like 1

Welcome, hope we can answer most of your questions!

• Like 1

You know dentists are high in demand. There is a whole website for dentists wanting to apply for visas and all the routes they can go. I dont have thesite any more. My dad was planning ongoing this way. . . . Then they posponed and now he does not want to do it that way anymore as he says he is too old to redo all the exams there again. Aparently it is like writing your final year at varsity again!

Why cant you just apply for normal PR? You will have way more benefits and get to stay where you want!

Good luck with the journey!!! Its lots of fun

• Like 1

Hi LHoeven, welcome to the forum and good luck with the rest of the process and planning. This is a gold mine of information and support. Our stories may be different but our goals are common, to make better lives for our families. I hope you find what you are looking for here and that the journey is a smooth one.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome :)

@Renny, at this point we are in a bit of a rush, as my husband has just turned 40, so our aim is to be able to leave as soon as possible. However, we want to keep all our options open too, so, we are starting with the 457 route first, and then see which way the wind blows.