Canberra primary school suggestions and Areas to live

Mikeleigh

Any input would be appreciated please............

I'm not trying to keep any secrets - I don't have any kids here, so don't have any data.

• Like 1

Wish I could help but my kids are finished with schooling.I can tell you what I hear tho.

Public

North side : look at Amaroo and the school by the same name - saffers there seem happy with the area and the school

South side : look at Garran and the school by the same name - friends kids go there and they are happy.

Mike find the school you are happy with and try to get a rental in that area - and in all honesty, a lot of Aussies in Canberra send their kids to public primary school so they can't be that bad. High school different story.

• Like 1

Good chance we will be taking over a lease in Amaroo as we land ! So Amaroo it is so far, lets hold thumbs, plus not having to fight for a rental takes a load off

If you can avoid the searching for a rental - then definitely go for it. Its not very pleasant being homeless in a strange country.

Nothing wrong with Amaroo, I'm sure you will settle in well up there.