Baremans Bay

OubaasDik

Went to Bateman's Bay today - a great ride except for the horrible mountain descent .... in places the speed limit is 70 km/h and they suggest 35km/h round certain bends - after the first few I started to believe them .....

Pity I didn't stop and take photos along the way as well at Bungendore and a few other places as well as along the descent, where the forest along the road changed wildly .... ferns, blackberries ......

So, I hear you shout "Pictures - Pictures - if there aren't any pictures it didn't happen".

A bit of a Freudian slip with the Bateman's Bay in the post title ....

• Like 1

Ah, so you had a weekend away....would you like me to fix your Freudian slip or should I leave it?

Leave it. It'll keep the wowsers away! and get me the gay vote ...... ;)

Just a day trip. Wish I'd stopped to take photos - there was some amazing scenery.

Left at 9.30 - drove there - ate oysters and garlic bread (a sure recipe for making me horny and really ensuring no-one will do anything about the condition) and back in CNB by 15-30.

Feel free to censor the above sentence if you think it may need to be phrased more tastefully, or perhaps not phrased at all. :)

Oysters get you luuuurveee, garlic bread gets you avoided Bwana.........I would have stopped and picked blackberries and ate them until my mouth was red and my tummy sore......reminds me of childhood

Oysters are overrated - I had a dozen on my wedding night and only the first 9 worked ....... :)

I love the Bay area, I was going to say you should have taken me with you, but then when I read the h...rney bit I thought otherwise !! We went down to Hyams beach last weekend - those that say Australia is not as picturesque as RSA , I beg to differ. This place has the whitest cleanest sand in the world, it squeaks when you walk on it.

All three descents down to the coast from Canberra - Clyde , Brown Mountain or Macquaries Pass - feel worse then being on a roller coaster. Hate hate hate all three.

Hope you had a lovely day at the sea, I'm jealous.

• Like 1

Sounds wonderful...although I had a good chuckle when I read the title...I wanted to ask if there are any nudist beaches? Must be the oysters that caused the Freudian slip :)

Edited by Toitjie
  • Like 1

I haven't stumbled onto any nudists beaches along the NSW south coast, but I am pretty sure they must have one somewhere if that's your thing Toitjie. ;)

lol...no not really...I was thinking more in the line of "Bareman's Bay" :)

I'll see what I can find for those that want to know ......

:D

Crickey I googled, there are a few, known as Free Beaches Australia. Clothing optional beaches.

I saw Canberra there too and was curious - and Kambah Pools which is a steep rocky river picnic area about 5 mins from our house - has a clothing optional area - thank goodness I haven't walked further than 200m from the car park or I may have had a little surprise.

Oh well whatever floats your boat. Seems I learn something new about Australia everyday.

lol...sounds intriguing but I will keep on my clothes for now :)

I dont think I will ever go nude in a country where I actually live! What if you see thy neighbour :)

• Like 1

Don't go to Kamba Pools Lyn....................what if you bump into a semi-nude Greek God :o

• Like 1

Don't go to Kamba Pools Lyn....................what if you bump into a semi-nude Greek God :o

If the thought of that particular Greek God with oysters upset her, well ...... :P

You are a funny man OBD - only you can turn the sleepy little town of Batemans into something more interesting !

I love the Bay area, I was going to say you should have taken me with you, but then when I read the h...rney bit I thought otherwise !! We went down to Hyams beach last weekend - those that say Australia is not as picturesque as RSA , I beg to differ. This place has the whitest cleanest sand in the world, it squeaks when you walk on it.All three descents down to the coast from Canberra - Clyde , Brown Mountain or Macquaries Pass - feel worse then being on a roller coaster. Hate hate hate all three.Hope you had a lovely day at the sea, I'm jealous.

It sounds like you need a well serviced reliable car to do these trips to the coast, which we will def be doing alot, me thinks a late model reliable vehicle will be an investment especially with the 2 kidos in the back ?

It sounds like you need a well serviced reliable car to do these trips to the coast, which we will def be doing alot, me thinks a late model reliable vehicle will be an investment especially with the 2 kidos in the back ?

True - but mine is not for sale ..... :)

I was really glad for the decent brakes on mine.

• Like 1

Majority of the drive is not bad, a lot of single lane's which makes it annoying if you get stuck behind caravans, buses and huge trucks - especially when they come to a virtual standstill going around the hairpin bends - the nasty scary bits are about 5 to 10 mins - my husband goes down with mates on his Harley at least once a month - doesn't faze him at all.

He tells me I'm a drama queen !

What will he do if he visits Thredbo.....or Orange....or Wollongong, Foul Bay or Come by Chance?

And yes they are real place names.....ha....stay away from Mt Buggery....I swear it's real, imagine writing that on the back of an envelope and posting to the rellies in RSA!

http://travel.ninemsn.com.au/holidaytype/weird/655118/a-z-of-unusual-australian-place-names

They'd probably say I went there on purpose ....

• Like 2

..................And there we go, lowering the tone again..............can't help it, it gives me a juvenile sense of glee..............just like poo jokes did when I was about 8.

..................And there we go, lowering the tone again..............can't help it, it gives me a juvenile sense of glee..............just like poo jokes did when I was about 8.

What - to Orange, or Perisher, or Collector or Woy Woy or Wagga Wagga? What are you talking about?