Durbanites on way to Canberra ?

Mikeleigh

Are there any, or am I the only one ?

Yip only one........lol

Don't worry, there are a handful of us this side. Canberra doesn't draw many English speaking Durbanites.

• Like 1

Don't worry, there are a handful of us this side. Canberra doesn't draw many English speaking Durbanites.

Haha thanks Lyn, last outpost theme continued.........

• Like 1

Shame, looks a bit lonely on this post.

We did live in Durbs for a year a few years back and are there often visiting friends, if that helps :-)

• Like 1

...........and the symphony ...........of the crickets was momentarily interrupted............I'm not scared, we have Lyn and cat family......

• Like 1

Clyde Rathbone? Actually ex-Zimbo, but he played for the Sharks. Does that count? We do know one other couple from Durbs, but they're not on the forum.

Sounds similar to the number of English speaking Capetonians in Canberra. Think hubby & I are the only ones! But we've had enough of the frost and lack of ocean and moving to Coffs Harbour next month. Can't wait to get back on a surfboard and fall asleep listening to the ocean at night. :-)

Edited by Mrs Mupersan in Canberra
  • Like 2

Clyde Rathbone? Actually ex-Zimbo, but he played for the Sharks. Does that count? We do know one other couple from Durbs, but they're not on the forum.Sounds similar to the number of English speaking Capetonians in Canberra. Think hubby & I are the only ones! But we've had enough of the frost and lack of ocean and moving to Coffs Harbour next month. Can't wait to get back on a surfboard and fall asleep listening to the ocean at night. :-)

Yip for sure, we will heed the call of the ocean after our 2 year duty

Clyde Rathbone? Actually ex-Zimbo, but he played for the Sharks. Does that count? We do know one other couple from Durbs, but they're not on the forum.Sounds similar to the number of English speaking Capetonians in Canberra. Think hubby & I are the only ones! But we've had enough of the frost and lack of ocean and moving to Coffs Harbour next month. Can't wait to get back on a surfboard and fall asleep listening to the ocean at night. :-)

Coffs Harbour looks insane !

You lucky lucky lucky thing MrsM. Nothing makes me more jealous then people who live near the ocean. I totally understand what you mean.

I have been nagging so much to smell the sea, to sink my toes into the sand and feel the waves against my legs, that hubby is driving me down to the coast tomorrow.

Wish you all the best in Coffs Harbour MrsM - will be amazing.

Yes Mike, Coffs is absolutely insane! To us it is just paradise. We first went there in 2009 & then spent our last two Xmas hols there. Just heaven on a stick! Having lived in Sydney, Brisbane and Canberra, we have found that the weather in Coffs is just perfect for us.

Lyn, I have lived away from the sea since the beginning of 2009 & have not felt whole. I can't wait to be going home. Daunting just hitting the road with no jobs and only enough money in our pockets to last 6 months in a cheap rental. But we're taking the gap while we can - hubby was recently retrenched here in Canberra & got 6 weeks severance pay. If we don't do it now, we never will. It's time to start our own business again and live where we're happy. It feels like after 5 years in Aus, we are finally starting our lives here.

Sorry to hijack your post Mike.

No probs Mrs M. We're coming to visit...........

There are no other types of Durbanites, except for the Rastafarian speaking ones .....

You have the right attitude MrsM - hubby being retrenched couldn't have been easy, make something positive out of it and head back to the ocean. I totally understand how being away from the sea can make one not feel whole . I was born in the Seychelles, lived in Durbs, and only these last five years have been away from the sea.

Enjoy your home, and all the best with getting your business started again.