Now we are here... Making it work.

GideonVD

That's "Tannie Mara" to you, Gideon. :)

• Like 1

Mara is truly a special lady, i hope to one day spend time with her too.

Yip, the Rum was quite nice, I like the idea ;)

Thanks again. :D

12 August 2013

Today was a bit more upbeat. We received our TFN's. :D One step closer.

We also met up with another Saffa in Melbourne, one referred to us from another one we met at the Melbourne Museam. ;) Had coffee and a nice chat about stuff. Also took the opportunity to buy some paper at Officeworks. We also swung buy our suprise place to sort out the delay in our surprise and ended up negotiating a better surprise for close to the other's "surprise" :P Hopefully now we will have it before the weekend. :)

Received two calls from recruitement agents and arranged for a meeting with one for Wednesday morning. and the other submitted me for a "technical test", just waiting for it to be sent to me. LvD also received a call and basically got told she was short listed for a position in Doncaster. This is great news, but this also puts a slight hamper on our idea of living in Sunbury. A massive pity as I loved the area, but now we just have to look at something also further out in the north eastern area that will make commute for me into the city not such a massive chore and allow LvD to at least get to Doncaster without too much hassle.

So with this in mind we've short listed some houses in the area and have arranged to go view one Wednesday afternoon.

• Like 1

Well done guys, I can see it is already coming together for you. Enjoy the journey!

So when does your Kia arrive? ;)

Excellent news about the Doncaster short listing for L, just very sorry to hear that now Sunbury would not be suitable. Perhaps have a look at Bundoora and Greensborough areas, they are nice as well and at least on a train line for you. It would not be so far for L to use the car to go to Doncaster. Glad to hear the surprise may happen earlier, that would be most convenient for you.

• Like 1

* Squeals with delight* So which Kia did you buy?......I luuuuuuurve mine, she just had her 1000km service.

• Like 1

Hopefully end of the week :P

* Squeals with delight* So which Kia did you buy?......I luuuuuuurve mine, she just had her 1000km service.

A little white Rio S automatatic... Couldn't get ourselves to fork over an additional 520 dollars, before negotiations, just for another colour. Practicality wins this round ;) Edited by GideonVD

Great little car! Congrats!

• Like 1

13 August 2013

We spent the day a bit exploring St Kilda and Westfield Centre in Doncaster. Melbourne has a lot of little hidden gems for us to find. :D

Also, two additional interviews for me and another one for LvD lined up, so things are seriously looking up. Feeling very blessed. :)

• Like 2

Wow, you guys are getting onto things so quickly....enjoy your girl....do her ears (side mirrors) fold in? Perfect city car. Good luck with the interviews, just be yourselves and you'll be fine

Wow, you guys are getting onto things so quickly....enjoy your girl....do her ears (side mirrors) fold in? Perfect city car. Good luck with the interviews, just be yourselves and you'll be fine

Nope, she's the bargain basement model ;) thanks, and will do :)

Edited by GideonVD

Hi Gidoen and LvD, good luck with the interviews! And thanks for keeping us updated!

I've enjoyed reading through all your journal entries so much - thanks for sharing Gideon.

crossing fingers for the interviews :)

14 August 2013

Had my first agency interview this morning, not much to say, we wait now for the results. My wife also had and interview in the CBD that afternoon, with a Training company in the CBD. It looks very promising. We also picked up the Kia Rio S (white) from the dealers and used it to go look at a rental in Doncaster. Arranged comprehensive insurance with AAMI for under $70 per month, including cost free car hire and no excess windscreen repair/replacement, was just totally amazed.

15 August 2013

Had my second agency interview this morning, not much to say either, also waiting to see how this pans out. Went for my Technical test at Liberty Financial, on the way there my wife gets a call back from the company where she got the interview yesterday... she got the job... and the offer was waaaaayyyyy more than we expected... so happy for her and about it :). Did the test and had a short debrief with one of the guys at Liberty, now to wait for the next step. We went and celebrated my wife's appointment at Taco Bill ;).

Now it's just me needing to do the job landing so we can now finally consider ourselves sorted... :glare: And another great thing... Sunbury is now back on our rental radar :D

Edited by GideonVD
  • Like 8

So happy for you that Sunbury is back on your radar...

Another reason not to eat the butter ..... these Saffas who fall into it, rear first.

Well done.

So happy for you that Sunbury is back on your radar...

I'm not! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

Ok, I'm outta here... bye :)

• Like 1

I'm not! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

Ok, I'm outta here... bye :)

Yes, Mrs Lovejoy.

Who knows, maybe one day Hansa may actually break down and take a drive through Sunbury.... Then again, 'pigs may fly" :whome:

• Like 2

Sunbury's lovely! It's all the other areas to you have schlep through to get there that are the problem.

(GVD, take no notice, I'm just spotting) :)

Na, I'll just invest in my own beer and rum brewing in the backyard shed :D