Where to buy a Charcoal BBQ on the Gold Coast

SAman4Aus

Anyone know of a good place to buy a charcoal BBQ on the GC. BBQ-Galore doesn't have any affordable decent ones. I am tired of the gas bbq thing and yearn for good old RSA fire 'braai'.

Bunnings has a version of a weber/kettle barbecue. Also Kmart has their own one as well, I think it's a jackeroo.

They are both quite cheap and are nowhere near the quality of a weber, but hey, I think the Kmart one is under $100, so you can't really complain.

Most large hardware stores have at least one weber knock off. Big W is another one now that I think of it.

There's one other idea that I think is great and not too expensive but I'll have to log in from home to show you that one...can't remember the web address for that one... Will get back to you...

Anyone know of a good place to buy a charcoal BBQ on the GC. BBQ-Galore doesn't have any affordable decent ones. I am tired of the gas bbq thing and yearn for good old RSA fire 'braai'.

Didn't you get the memo from your mates in RSA before you left "You're not allowed to braai in Australia"

:whome: :whome: :blush-anim-cl:

Didn't you get the memo from your mates in RSA before you left "You're not allowed to braai in Australial:

Hahah. Ja boet. I hate that one.

Oh, and the speed limits are so low you actually have to drive backwards...

Yeah, "no wood or charcoal flames allowed in Aus".....I still get asked that today from my RSA mates :) I recently spent some time in the Kruger Park and burnt 2 bags of wood every night for our barbie.......I loved the ambiance of the flames and hope to rekindle that love here in Aus..........unfortunately I wont be able to include the Lions and Hyenas singing in the background during my braai here in Aus... :)

I last bought Natural charcoal in 2008/2009 at the Mitre10 corner Ashmore & Bundall road, they sold them in these large woven plastic bags, cant remember how much. At the moment K Mart is selling a "Jackeroo" fake Weber for $49.99 - good value for what it is - I am gonna buy one maybe this weekend - its a good start before you spend those big bucks on a Weber.

I was at that Mitre10 today :) I will go to K Mart tomorrow and have a look......was sort of hoping for a square barbie but then again it doesn't look like I have too much choice here.....I did see a few on EBay though that are worth considering.