Word for Today

TheFilanders

Read this morning and thought of all of you out there (including myself) that need some encouragement.

Take the plunge (1) After you've prayed, planned and prepared, there comes a point where you've got to take the plunge. Is it scary? Absolutely! There are two kinds of people: Those who leap before they look; they are driven by impulse. Then there are those who look, and look, and look but never leap; they are controlled by fear. Which are you? To get to the Promised Land, Israel had to cross the River Jordan at flood tide. God had promised that when the feet of the priests carrying the ark stepped into the water it would roll back. Can you imagine their thoughts? 'Couldn't we wait till the tide goes down? Why do I have to go first? What if the waters don't roll back and I drown?' The step between prudence and paranoia is short and steep. Prudence wears a seatbelt; paranoia avoids cars altogether. Prudence saves for old age; paranoia clings to every penny. Prudence prepares and plans; paranoia panics. Prudence calculates the risk and takes the plunge; paranoia never enters the water. To reach your God-ordained destiny you must stop holding back, obey God and step into the water. The moment you do, doors will begin to open and resources will be released, where there now seems to be only shortage. God will provide the means, the method, and the manpower. So stand on His promise: '...I have loved you; therefore I will give men for you, and people for your life. Fear not, for I am with you...' (Isaiah 43:4-5 NKJV).

Soul food: Ezra 9-10; Lk. 10:25-37; Ps 78:17-31; Prov. 19:27-29;
  • Like 6

Thanks for sharing.

Appreciated and so true !!!