Mass exodus out of PE - anymore?

Annii

The last post on the PE Coffee Club was years ago, yet I know many families who have left and will be leaving in the next few months.

Are there any others out there?

I was from PE many yearts ago... Almost seems to be a case of the last/next person out needs to switch the lights off...

From what I hear though, Eskom has kinda got that one covered.

• Like 2

I'm still in PE for the next year or so. It's actually not that bad to be honest. Was at the stadium watching the (disappointing) Lions / Kings game. Facilities around the city are pretty run down as the ANC infighting has ruined the Municipality. DA almost won last election, so hoping they can take over next year. Fingers crossed.

There is some development earmarked for the area with the Govt pushing ahead with the oil refinery at Coega. The Fuel Tanks and Ore dumps at the Barbour have finally been given notice to move to Coega, so the waterfront development proposal is back on the table. Those are the positives. Crime is definitely getting out of hand and poverty is rife. There Re still good opportunities here if you are prepared to risk it with your family. Many will say that it isn't so bad here, but it just takes one incident to destroy your family, and I'm one of those that isn't prepared to take risk.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi RonelP

My husband leaves in 19 days time and I will follow at the end of the year.

The container is scheduled to be packed in mid October - but I am still struggling with the volume and if we should use a shared one or not.... :huh:

All the best with your visa app. The waiting was difficult for me - but the packing up is turning out to be more daunting than I had expected.

I understand what you saying. We are not taking a lot with us either, so we will definitely share a container. Send me your email adres on the private message and we can then keep in contact via email or meet at some stage.

• 1 month later...

Hi I'm also from PE and just started with the application process done ILETS and now starting with skills assessment. Would be great to meet up with others also busy with visas.

• Like 1

Hi there. Welcome to the forum...if you have any questions, there is a wealth of information here. Our process is done, my husband will have been in Perth for a month already on Wednesday! I am 'biting at the bit' till mid December when myself & the kids join him.

Hi All

We lodged end of August 2013 and have not heard a thing. We did not use an agent and playing this waiting game is killing me. It puts doubt in your mind whether or not I sould have used an agent.

Our house have just been sold and we have to rent now untill our visa is approved. The sorting and packing is HARD work.

If anyone wants to meet up for coffee, let me know.

Hi All

We lodged end of August 2013 and have not heard a thing. We did not use an agent and playing this waiting game is killing me.

You will have to hope that Tony Abbot fixes up the government inefficiencies.

Buy then again I always suspect the waiting is because they intentionally only process a limited number of visas each month. I guess demand out paces supply.

Don't forget that the Aussie population is already growing pretty rapidly.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by monsta

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone! So how about a get together in PE? We could meet for coffee somewhere, preferably a child friendly venue as we have a busy 2 year old daughter! Would be great to chat to others who are also going through the same process. Let me know if you are interested and I will set it up!

Hi Ozpe

Where about are you and your family in the immigraio process?

We've only just decided on a consulting firm on Friday, so we sending CV's first to find out which visa best we will qualify for

Well good luck with the aplication! Let me know if you need help with anything. Do you know of anyone else from pe going to oz?

Annii

When are you leaving? We have just submitted our application for parents visa.

Hi Ronel , I am new on the forum and would really like to meet up with you and talk to you about your parent visa , as that is the way we will have to go as well . Where in PE are you ? Ammie

Hi everyone! So how about a get together in PE? We could meet for coffee somewhere, preferably a child friendly venue as we have a busy 2 year old daughter! Would be great to chat to others who are also going through the same process. Let me know if you are interested and I will set it up!

Hi Ozpe, can you arrange a coffee date ? I will be there !

Well it looks like there are only 3 families left in PE leaving for Australia. :jester: One of us will have to switch off the lights!

How about this weekend? Sat or Sun let me know the numbers and I will see if I can come up with a venue.

We are free on Saturday . Sunday is difficult as I always have a show house to do > Let me know

Hi

We still in PE as well. Our 190 Visas have been approved and we are going to Australia in July for our LSD trip. We are away this weekend, so will not be able to make a coffee date. Why don't you guys consider Moffat on Main. The kids can play at the Funky Frog and there is Roastmasters right next door?

HI there New on this forum, we applied in May 2013 for our Parent Contributory Visa through our agent in CT. Would love to meet for coffee but can only do a week day, will watch your plans and maybe the next one i'll be able to join :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so now another week has gone by and we have not yet managed to have a coffee date .

Anybody available during next week or weekend ? Ammie

Hi Ammie I have created a Whatts App group called PE to Australia - its quicker to communicate than logging on to Saaustralia every time. I have invited you to join. If there are any others who would like to join pls pm me your numbers so I can add you. Everyone is welcome!

It will make it easier to organise a get together!

• 4 months later...

Anybody still in PE wanting to have a coffee date. Has not been on the Forum for some time, so a bit out of touch.