durban76: Late 20-somethings, no kids, any1 else?!

durban76

Hi

My husband Wilhelm and I have been applying for our 136 visa from the UK (Wilhelm is an Electrician) and fly home to SA next thursday to spend time with family before the big move to Oz! Jut waiting for the ILETS results and have been told about another 6 weeks before we get our visas!

We'll be arriving in Sydney the 05 June, purchasing a 4X4 and driving through to Queensland and have thought about looking for work near Brisbane.

We're a young couple without kids and are just wondering if there is anyone else going over similar to us? (so many of you seem to have children... we haven't quite got there yet :ilikeit: )

Im from Durbs and Wilhelm is from Bronkhorstspruit. Can't wait to be home for a visit and then FINALLY Oz! Its been a long 14 month wait for these visas. Hope to hear from you :ilikeit:

Kerry

Welcome!!!

Yes those of us in the late twenties without kids are in very much a minority. We also don't have kids. Hubby is mechanic and I am accountant. Both from Cape Town.

We came over on 457 visa and have lodged our 136 visa last month.

Cheers & good luck

D

Young couple without kids is by far the best way to migrate to another country and yes, we are in the minority. You are up for the adventure of your lives. Take every opportunity to travel, experience new things, try exotic foods, do silly things, go camping in the outback, make risky decisions like starting your own business, make friends, meet people from different ethnic backgrounds, enjoy different cultures... Australia is your oyster. :ilikeit: Once you are settled with a steady income, pets, mortgage or kids you may be limited.

Cheers

Edited by ~Sunflower~

Hi there,

We were in the UK for just over 4 years and then came to Aus. We also don't have kids. It's a whole new adventure compared to the UK but one you will enjoy.

Y

Hi

We're still in SA and are waiting for that visa (hohum) We also don't have kids, but I'm about to enter the forties (scarey) and so I suppose we're classified as forty-something-no-kids.

Enjoy your SA visit and hope all goes well with the move

C'Lou

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

We are also a young cuople who dont have kids, we are just ast the start of the process and hope to be over there by 2009.

Candice

Hi

My husband Wilhelm and I have been applying for our 136 visa from the UK (Wilhelm is an Electrician) and fly home to SA next thursday to spend time with family before the big move to Oz! Jut waiting for the ILETS results and have been told about another 6 weeks before we get our visas!

We'll be arriving in Sydney the 05 June, purchasing a 4X4 and driving through to Queensland and have thought about looking for work near Brisbane.

We're a young couple without kids and are just wondering if there is anyone else going over similar to us? (so many of you seem to have children... we haven't quite got there yet :ilikeit: )

Im from Durbs and Wilhelm is from Bronkhorstspruit. Can't wait to be home for a visit and then FINALLY Oz! Its been a long 14 month wait for these visas. Hope to hear from you :ilikeit:

Kerry