Looking for info: Teaching in Tasmania

Tracy

Hello!

Long time since I've been on the Forum - Life certainly does go on - and for the better in most cases I see!

My husband and I are seriously considering a move from North Queensland to Tassie any time from mid 2014 onwards.

It will be a move in line with retirement - although I still feel like I have 100 years energy left before I retire! :D

We're planning it really carefully and one of us, we're thinking me, will have to have a job when we go.

As far as living goes, we're looking at a farm of some sort.

So far we have no tendency towards any specific areas - yet. We don't mind rural...

We're aware of the less-than-fantastic economy in Tassie but that isn't going to put us off per se.

I'm a secondary teacher with many years experience.

This is not the best time of year to look for teaching positions, but there are lots of state and private schools and they all seem to be pretty good.

Permanent/relief are both options for me.

Does anyone have any info on the need for teachers/availability/areas/subjects in demand etc?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, and I know it's going to be bliksem cold! :lol:

Tracy

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Contact the Education Department. :) Not private schools, but covers a wider number of public schools. Good luck!