Which part of WA does Perth form part of?

rikamarie

Sorry for the question, but I'm confused! :blush:

Which part of WA does Perth form part of?

Central North

Central

Far outer South

North

Outer North

Outer South

South ?????

Thanks!

Rika-Marie

Just guessing but they sound like the regions of a city rather than a state...so I would guess that they represent the regions of Perth itself.

Your question doesnt make sense. Perth is none of those things in relation to WA. What is the context of your question?

Perth is the central west if you follow the BOM definition........or, according to the Regional Development Commissions Act, which separates WA into 9 distinct regions.

The regions as determined are:

Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) separates WA into 14 different forecast areas and includes Perth in the Peel region here

Are you perhaps thinking of when people refer to North or South of the river?

Additionally ...........

Perth can be broken down into five main areas:

• Inner Perth – including City, Inner North, Inner South, Inner South West, Inner East and Inner West
  • North Perth – including Northern Perth and Outer North
  • South Perth – including Outer South, Outer South West and Frementle
  • East Perth – including Outer East
  • West Perth – including Western Perth
  • Like 1

Hi guys! I found the above info on this website:

http://www.goodstart.org.au/work-at-goodstart/job-search

I am very interested in working at this Early Leaning centre. When I choose WA, they give the above mentioned regions to choose from. Please have a look at it.

Thanks for your advice!

From a quick look it looks like most in Perth except far outer south and outer north though I didn't check them all...on my iPad. Once you select a region and are presented with a list of jobs you can select an individual job and it tells you suburb it is in.

• Like 1

Thnks Fish, makes sense.

Which of those regions are near/almost near Joondalup. My husband will start training at the Joondalup Police training college in February. If I can work close by, it would be good. We will also look at housing in a close by area.

No idea where to start :-s

You will have to show you are enrolled in a Cert iii in early childcare and get a blue card to work in childcare.

I did a google of chilcare centres Joondalup, which should narrow your area down http://www.careforkids.com.au/child-care/joondalup/6027

• Like 1

Thnks Fish, makes sense.

Which of those regions are near/almost near Joondalup. My husband will start training at the Joondalup Police training college in February. If I can work close by, it would be good. We will also look at housing in a close by area.

No idea where to start :-s

You'd be looking at the central north region.

I have to say I'm not surprised you're confused! I'm a born & bred West Aussie and even I had to randomly check a few of the options out! Their classification system is definitely not clear, or related to the usual ways in which Perth and/or WA regions are defined.

But yes, if you're going to be in Joondalup for three months, then you'd be interested in the central north job listings. :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Thanks guys for your help! I found the Goodstart centre in that area. Also thanks for the website AndreaL, it is a goldmine! Appreciate it!

Forgot to add, I graduated Monday, and I hold a Honours Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Development.

Edited by rikamarie
  • Like 1

You might also want to look further north - after all the train line goes up to Clarkson. Rentals are (I think) cheaper there than Joondalup - certainly cheaper than Currambine.

Beware renting in parts of Clarkson.

You'll be able to tell which parts, just by looking, though.

Thanks OBD. Appreciate the advice!

I'll probably ask a lot more in the coming months before we leave.

Thanks guys for your help! I found the Goodstart centre in that area. Also thanks for the website AndreaL, it is a goldmine! Appreciate it!

Forgot to add, I graduated Monday, and I hold a Honours Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Development.

Congratulations!

That should get you a position as group leader etc with more $. You should really look at Community Kindergartens too as they are linked to local schools and usually require staff with early childhood education qualifications http://bettereducation.com.au/Preschool/WaCommunityKindergarten.aspx

Congratulations!

That should get you a position as group leader etc with more $. You should really look at Community Kindergartens too as they are linked to local schools and usually require staff with early childhood education qualifications http://bettereducation.com.au/Preschool/WaCommunityKindergarten.aspx

Thank you yet again for the valuable info! Do you by any chance know where I can read up on the different types of teachers for example group leader, ECT, ECE etc. If not, no worries, I'll googleeducation careers in Aus.

Sorry, I don't, my knowledge is based on my niece having worked at an early learning centre and is now at Uni studying early childhood education.

Basically for privately run centres all staff have to show they are enrolled in a Cert3 to work there, group or room leaders are usually in the process or have a diploma in early childhood education and are paid slightly more. Community kindergartens are attached to the education dept of their relevant state and so the teachers are employed through the education department and will have sutiable qualifications in early learning.

I am not sure how you would go about having your skills assessed, but dependent on if you want to work full or part time, you might also want to look at being a teacher aide at a primary school and then perhaps teaching?