IT Systems Analyst / Project Manager looking for employment

YellesB

Hi

I recently arrived in Australia, Melbourne, and I have been looking for employment for the last month and a half. I've been applying for positions on Seek.com.au and CareerOne.com.au, I also sent my CV with a cover letter to about 10 agencies. I heard it is a good idea to give the agents and possible employers follow up calls, which I've been doing. I'm willing to relocate anywhere in Australia for the right position.

I have a Computer Engineering degree, and I've been working in the IT industry for the past 7 years focusing on Web and Mobile applications. For further information, feel free to view my LinkedIn profile or my CV, which is attached.

- If you have any tips for me to enhance my chances, I would really appreciate the feedback.

- How long did it take you to find a job in Australia?

- If you know of any positions that are available, please send me a personal message.

- What would you say was the X factor for landing your positions?

Kind Regards

Willem

Willem Groenewald CV and Appendix.doc

Have you also looked up the IT companies' own Career pages on their websites? There is where they call the "Secret Job Market", as some companies don't want to spend money on agencies and Seek, so they advertise on their own websites.

Just have a look as this could help with additional possibilities.

• Like 1

Hi Willem

SMS is a very good company in Melbourne, I have had a couple of friends working there with exposure to massive clients, and it seems that they will make space for the right candidate whether
there is a advertised vacancy or not. Their website: http://www.smsmt.com/Home

It might also be useful to include a cover letter in your applications, if you don’t have one that it, addressing the relevant criteria etc.

Good luck

Cheers

JP

• 2 weeks later...

For someone who can do web and mobile app dev, I am surprised you have not had a response yet.

Also look at the site www.linkme.com.au for jobs

• 3 weeks later...

Try recruitment.suncorpgroup.com.au looking for IT staff

Try recruitment.suncorpgroup.com.au looking for IT staff