Forgive me for the back I turn

LadySnoo

Beautiful and true words.. good luck with the journey forward!

• Like 1

Hey Bronwyn,

I hardly come onto these forums but I'm actually in Joburg right now for work (live in Brisbane - since Jan 2012), and I'm procrastinating, and I somehow ended up here.

Your poem is awesome. It's exactly how I feel. Exactly. I've had a few drunken conversations with friends while in Joburg and it's been hard to express myself. As much as I love being back, and as difficult as it has been to adapt in Brisbane (still working on it), the last few weeks have confirmed my feelings that you express in your poem.

So, thanks, I guess. And good luck. It's good to know that I'm not the only person in the world who feels like this.

Love your poem. Very heartfelt...can relate on many levels

:hug:

En daar huil ek weer. :cry:

• Like 1

Keep them coming..........bittersweet it is to be where we are.............what we are doing.......

• 2 months later...

Stunning. Thanks for sharing, it takes courage but such a gift...

Beautifully written, very, very true for most of us. Thank you !

Yep! So true....

Thanks for sharing your poem - true words that many of us can relate to. For some of us who feel this guilt, I wonder how we ever shed the guilt of leaving? Maybe as we get wrapped up in our new lives in a new country, we start forgetting - when the poverty and problems are no longer in our 'faces' and our doorsteps every day.

This whole country's mentality is built on senseless guilt and blame. One small group of this country's population is being held responsible for all the good to happen, AND being shamed for all the bad that happens. We are being held captive by a very false spirit of guilt and blame. We are even guilty of leaving !! Sick.