Mechanical Fitter

technician

Hi guys

please can somebody hook me up with a job in WA.

its so ironic to get a state sponsor for my trade in fitting but cant even get an interview from the 100+

applications i sent out.

so if anybody can help with a contact person or company name it would be much appreciated.

thanks

It is the exception rather than the rule to get a job in Australia whilst based in RSA. You are unknown and not immediately available entity.

I can only suggest that you keep applying via Seek, Career One etc and make sure that your cover letter states that you have a permanent visa ( hence work rights) and are available.

Good luck.

Hi AndreaL

thanks for the advice. i guess a job hunting trip is on the cards for me. the family can follow once i set up camp.

i did have my cv done by nab that job with all the crucial info inserted.

thanks

Keep trying because you just might get lucky, otherwise you coming first might be the best. What sort of industry do you work in?

at the moment I am working in the food manufacturing industry. I have exposure to all mechanical components. i want to go into something mine related but anything will do for now.

Mine related......don't we all. As the locals here say when someone comes looking for mining work......" Get in the queue".

Actually a fitter should have no problems with finding work in Perth.

Hubby is an electrician and he started in a manufacturing company in Welshpool and then an abattoir in Albany and then over to Queensland and back into mining, but it took about 3 years.

If you're not fussed about where you live, have a look at the big mining houses and places like Newman and Kalgoorlie.

Good luck and keep trying.