Timeline for a 189 EOI to invitation

Elmarie61

Hi everyone!

My brother in law has just finished submitting his EOI with 60 points.

Can anyone give me an indication of the current waiting period for an invitation?

I know this can vary, but any info or experience you can share will help.

Thank you!

Elmarie

Have a look at this post I just made:

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/39488-for-those-doubting-their-60-points-for-the-189/

As far as I know they do an invitation round every month and this is how it works:

Invitation process and cut offs

The highest ranked clients by points score are invited to apply for the relevant visa. For clients who have equal points scores, the time at which they reached their points score for that subclass (referred to as the visa date of effect) determines their order of invitation. Expressions Of Interest with earlier dates of effect are invited before later dates.

It's impossible to give an exact time line, but I hope this helps you get an idea of your chances.

Hi some people on the forum has waited a day, some waited a week, some waited a month. Depends on which date they submitted it. If it was today then they could receive their invitation at the end of the month or next month or the month after that.. Like sianvz said, impossible to predict!

initially when they started this process of skill select , the intial group that had 60 points waited months for invites. but as they increased the quota the waiting periods reduced dramatically. for the last invitation round which they allocated 950 invitations and only 852 were taken they have allocated 1052 for the next invitation round which takes place on monday. i am convinced that this sunday by 5 pm south afican time your brother in law will receive an invitation. please message me on sunday saying he got his invite when this happens on sunday:).

I am also hoping on an EOI invitation on Monday...I found the details of dates for invitation rounds today. Holding thumbs! !

The chances of getting an invite with 60 points these days is very good. There seems to a large number of people who have submitted EOI's but that fall below the 60 mark and are just being ignored for invites and there are very few that have 65 and above in relation to the rest of the group. I would say looking at the statistics that it could be as quick as one or two rounds away based on when you submitted the EOI. The only way you wouldn't get an invitation to apply is if your occupation had reached its ceiling for the 2012/2013 year which end on 30 June anyway which isn't far away.

so elmarie and brid how did those invites go this invitation round. im hoping an invitation to apply for a visa was received.

We received our invite today!! Very happy. Now we can move forward again!

Thanks for asking :)

• Like 2

Hey BriD. Congratulations, that's awesome news and good luck with the application process. :ilikeit:

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone!

My brother in law has just finished submitting his EOI with 60 points.

Can anyone give me an indication of the current waiting period for an invitation?

I know this can vary, but any info or experience you can share will help.

Thank you!

Elmarie

@Elmarie61 : How long did your brother in-law eventually have to wait till he received his invite?

Also hoping to eventually get to Melbourne - waiting for my invite (EOI submitted with 60 points back in Nov)

Edited by acmac

• 1 month later...

Finally got invite for 189 last night ;)

Congratulations!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It will pretty much put you at the top of the queue in the next round of invites, but that is dependent on the visa you are applying for... 190 visa applications are closed for some states already and will only reopen on the 1st of July.

Please also make sure you are 100% confident in the points you are claiming, if you make a mistake you will be subject to a 3 year visa application ban.

This link will tell you the approximate times that visas are being processed. It is guideline so don't read it as set in concrete.

Edited by AlBrough