Where to settle? Adelaide or Sydney

LindaandPaul

Hi Paul

Lived in Adelaide for 11 years and loved it.

Smaller city, so less traffic and people and housing is cheaper.

We used to drive to work in Adelaide -because we could :) :) Sydney traffic can be a nightmare depending where you live and if you have to commute to the CBD,

My middle son has lived in Sydney since 2000 and loves it, but he acknowledges that houses are much more expensive and traffic is a consideration, unless you use public transport. My son has always lived on the Northside and when he was still playing Premier league hockey it would take him 1.5 hours to get to centralised games at Homebush(Western Sydney) and another 1.5 hours to get home. Having said that, I love visiting Sydney (it is one of the most beautiful cities in the word) but would rather live in Adelaide.

There are so many ex South Africans (English and Afrikaans speaking) in Adelaide now that there is a "ready made" support system there. We had a recruitment company in Adelaide and when we first started helping people arriving in Adelaide in 2006 many of them struggled without support, sometimes we were the only contact that they had :) :) Now it is very different with various FB groups and church groups providing help and support.

The most important considerations is to go where the money/work is....:):):)

Enjoy!

Manny

Edited by MannyT