Some Gold Coast for you

Sa2Nz2Oz

Gold Coast looks beautiful! What's the weather like? Very tropical? I think I could easily get comfortable there one day. I am a Durban girl originally and I am not too fond of winter but have heard that the weather is quite extreme on the Gold Coast because of it's location.

sianvz

Just like Durban, winters are very mild probably maxing around 19 - 21deg with the odd day going down to about 13 -14 deg when a cold front manages to reach there. It is quite tropical here with lots of nice trees and greenery. The summers are very hot around Dec and Jan. Yesterday there was a thunderstorm here and sometimes it can rain big here aswell. This last 2 weeks and they say last few months have had lots of rain.

Looks like the Sunshine Coast on steroids. The weather is awful at the moment and is doing nothing but raining. Hope the rain ends soon.

Got it right about being on steroids, very similar to Sunshine Coast, its just Brisvegas that divides the 2. Hope Perigian is doing it for you, Noosa is nice as I have been up there twice but was rated as one of the most expensive real estate towns in Australia? Glad to see you have secured a rental. We decided not to take a rental in the first week we landed as we want to get jobs first. We qualified for a rental but we have a nice fully furnished apartment on a weekly rental basis for a reasonable rate. Had an interview today and will hear by wednesday and there is another interview Tuesday - so people out there this is happening just under 2 weeks landing here. Just keep going.

• Like 1

Peregian is close enough to Noosa for a day trip and far enough to be away from the noisy holiday makers. Real estate is pretty reasonably priced and we are looking forward to moving into our new home on 3 May. Good luck with the interview and please let us know how it went.