Social Golf club

Cranzy

Hey guys.

I am going to be starting a social golf club and checking to see if there is any interest here.

Basically getting together to play a game of golf once a month, at a different courses across Perth. Having a drink afterwards and socializing a bit.

Might even do a year end function like a weekend away golf thing.

:)

• Like 1

My OH would LOVE this idea. He will be in Mandurah - south of Perth - in the second half of May. I will get him to contact you via this forum (when he finally sits down long enough to register!!). Maybe he can travel up to Perth on the weekends !?

YES! What a great idea, my OH and I would definitely be up for this

We're both fairly ok golfers (shooting a round in 90-105 on ave) but UK weather doesn't really allow us to get into it for extended period!

We're expecting to land in September so count us in!

Don't you mean metal bats :D

He he ok I am not that stupid even though I am a natural blonde! I think it's a great idea though and we were just saying the other day that we would like to get more outdoors and enjoy life a bit more in Aus.

• Like 1

:ilikeit:

Great!

Seems like we could have between 10-15 people who expressed interest in doing this, so I will get started on a website and also putting together a list of courses, contacting them and getting the required information.

This might take a little while as I am flying to South Africa for a 3 week holiday next week Friday :)

Will keep everybody up to date.

:king:

• Like 1

Hi All,

I am already involved in this exact concept with a number of friends/colleagues and aquaintances. I do not want to hijack anyones idea so... Here is an idea....

Option 1: Join up with us. We are known as WANG GC (West Australian Novice Golfers Golf Club) and we play exactly as described, one course per month at different courses. Basically our setup is precisely as described. Our membership per year costs $50-00 which goes towards prizes and occasional eats etc. And then we have a standard $40-00 per event unless the host course costs more which is communicated in advance. Currently we have around 16 members. We are not limited to ex South Africans only and have a number of Aus/Pom/Saffa members. None of our members would be truning pro anytime soon with most handicaps being between 24 and 36. We all enjoy the game and a chance to have some fun though. Prizes are handed out every tournament usually 5 or 6 per event. It is a non profit club.

Option 2: Form a new club/society and we can arrange to play against each other once per year in a betterball /ambrose type event, which could be just as much fun. To add to the suggestion, we are looking into going to a golf resort for a weekend with all families toward the end of the year and that might be a great chance to play against each other. Who knows we probably will get a pretty good dealif there are sufficient numbers.

As mentioned I dont intend to advertise or hijack any post, just thought of perhaps alternative.

In any respect, all the best with the venture.

• 4 weeks later...

We'll be there at the end of May and would like to join in.

OH loves a good round and I just play :P

good idea - a few of us saffers get 19 holes in now and then - would be great to join in :-)

This sound like a good idea. Please count me in.

Edited by Deon

• 2 weeks later...

:)

Ok, back from my holiday and wil continue with all the setups and once done will let all know :")

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just a quick numbers check to see who will be keen to join in for a game in July?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Who will be up for a round of golf on Saturday 14 July?

I'm keen - but it all depends on where you intend playing.......

I will confirm this week, but it will most likely be close to city, like Wembley, Marangaroo or collier park ... I am open to other suggestions. :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Golfers

If this is going ahead, please add me to the list- have been looking for a social golf club to join for ages, so got quite excited when I read this thread. The courses mentioned are close to me as well, so happiness is! Probably will only be a winter thing for me as cricket season takes up Saturdays in a few months time.

• 2 weeks later...

Send me a pm, we haven't officially started the club, but join us for a game. We are playing next saturday (17 August)