Citizenship in the bag

bluesfan

It's been a long 4.5 year journey with all the ups and downs you can imagine. But we are now offcilially Australian citizens since 27 Feb :ilikeit: . It was the toughest but best thing I've ever done and can honestly say that I love this country. To those in South Africa that contemplate the "big move" remember it is your life, your decision. Those calling you cowards obviously don't know what it takes to emigrate. Once you have that certificate in your hand you know it was worth it. We were lucky enough to have a support group of great friends to help us through the first part (Jaco & Adri you are God-send angels in our eyes :holy: ). Thanks to all that made it possible. We joined this forum about a year before we came to Aus to get more info and read comments on what to bring, where to live etc and it was really helpful. Thanks to the forum.

To all those still coming good luck and to my fellow Aussies: AUSSIE, AUSSIE, AUSSIE, OI,OI,OI!

Jakes, Nelia and kids

Edited by bluesfan
  • Like 9

Congratulations on your citizenship. :)

Congratulations. Nice to see someone through the whole journey from a year before right through to citizenship. :ilikeit:

Congratulations. :ilikeit:

Congratulations - from another new citizen - its such a great feeling to know you now really are part of this beautiful southern land. :ilikeit:

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

huge congrats i have 11.5 months then i can apply for mine!

Congratulations. My ceremony is tonight :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

Congratulations and please let us know how it went.

congrats - our ceremony is in 54 days .....

Congratulations and good luck, this time will pass faster than you know.