Is this God's plan for my life?

Zim

I understand how your hubby is feeling - I'm also feeling guilty not telling my bosses of our plans. It's a little different with us because they know Im Australian, so I'm sure that it wouldn't come as a total shock to them, but I still feel a bit bad because they have been/are delightful.

Yes I have a feeling it is going to come as a MASSIVE shock to his boss.

We are slowly starting to move towards telling him sooner rather than later because we are worried his boss might hear through someone else because of gossip in the wine industry and that will not be good. My husband says he'd rather end well. I've told him to start writing down what he will say and have it in the back of his mind and if a moment comes up when the time is right then he must go for it and get it done then just trust in God that He has control over everything.

At this stage I feel that he should maybe say something along the lines of:

"We have decided to go back to Australia and we've made the decision to go before we have kids and with enough time to get settled in good jobs etc and so we plan to move this year still if all goes well. We have recently applied for our visa and are waiting on the result. I would like to be able to give you a time frame but unfortunately at this stage we have been told it can take 1 month or it can take 6 months and there really is no way to know until the day we receive our visa grant. But I'd prefer to be open with you about it than to just wait for the visa to be granted and give my month's notice. So I will keep you posted on any developments so that I can give you as much notice as possible."

How does this sound?

Edited by sianvz

You always hear people asking that question' was this God's plan for us' –

We came to Nz just over 6 years ago and we have been to hell and back, but we were

blessed with a second child that we had been wanting for over 4 years. I think

now that we were meant to come to Nz in order for this second child of ours to

be born. A lady gave my husband a letter, never having spoken to 3 or meeting

me - and said this is for your wife. When I read the letter the tears could not

stop falling, she said God knew I had lost faith about having that second baby

because I had become so sickly. But we still left for Nz despite my health, In

the letter she said that God would bless us with another child within 1 year

after we touched NZ soil, but she did not know 'what 1 year meant' this was the

dream she was telling me about that she had.

We had our second daughter 3 days after our one year anniversary in NZ despite me

being so sickly.

Things in Nz have been horrible, and my health has been beyond bad – but we could not

decide if we wanted to go to Oz or not. Out of the blue I got an email that my

uncle was deathly ill and in hospital, 10 days later he was dead – he had

cancer (and did not know it had returned – he had been in remission for two

years already).

My cousin said something to me that has stuck, ‘Now that my Dad is gone, I value

my life more’

I reaslised I did not value my life in NZ and replied ‘I want to have a life of

more value’ – so that day we decided that we would go to OZ and give our

children a better future than is on offer in Nz.

Financially this is risky, as we will have enough to live on for three months and we have

sold almost everything just to be able to move to Oz, we will bring clothes,

bedding, dishes – no furniture or beds – but we are asking God to guide us

And now we feel the pull to Australia, we never did have that feeling towards NZ.

So we finally feel this is the plan God had for us – ironically we wanted to go to

Australia, but we were 1 point short, now we are going finally.

With God’s help and guidance you will make the right decision for you and your

family.

God puts things in your path, like you having to get your visas validated. God will help you to make the correct decision.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I also was faced with this dilemma , should I go or not, Does God want me to go or do I want it? When Jonah decided to go to Tarsus instead of Nineveh he suuffered in the belly of the whale and God showed him he must follow Gods plan for him, he was given a second chance.

We recieved our Visa's and I was sitting in Church, I remember feeling so sad for my friends and family members that dont know our Lord and Saviour, I said to the Lord that I would give up all my plans if he would save them. I am still willing to do it however I need confirmation from God, I dont want to be that guy who has the boat sent to him but refuses saying God will send someone to help me.

My family and friends have problems with drugs and financial and social problems, The answer is God and I fear that I may have become a crutch for many, maybe my plan is to actually move away from them so God work with them may be fulfilled.

I have not recieved confirmation from God regarding this as yet but will continue to Oz, if there is a roadblock I will stay put.