Anyone in Toowoomba?

Tati1

Hi guys,

Are there any SA's in Toowoomba??

Just curious with the town and the opportunities??

Would love to hear from anyone from there or someone that knows of the town (Toowoomba)

Cheeers and thank you in advance

D

Hi D

There are quite a couple of Saffas in Toowoomba and its a beautiful town but there are not that many working opportunities, specially in IT, we found.

Thanks for that we are curious as we have heard from some Ozzie friends that the place is very nice!!

My hubby is a CPA so we are just curious at this point but happy to explore maybe in Easter!!

How is the lil enjoying the Quad:)

D

Thanks Sharon.

Clive wants to try and explore Toowoomba he is having one of those days/weeks I don't know:( He thinks a small town is better to bring up Tom mmmmmmmmm and then we watch 60 minutes last nite and well that says it all:( anyway it will be nice to get someone that is there point of view!!!

Have fun back in Durbs!! When r u off?

D

Edited by Tati1

Liam is LOVING the quad!! He is on it almost everyday! Thanks again! What was on 60 minutes last night?

Not sure which one it was Sunday night or 60 minutes the story about the young guys involve in so much violence in the streets of Brisbane (niteclubs) is sooo scary how unprovoked violence, King hit is like a common thing in nite life amongst younsters.

Just scary thinking of yr lil boy at a friends bday party and not come back from that:( it was heart breaking is better sometimes not to know:(

Hubby is thinking that those events of violence are less likely to occur in place like Toowoomba/Emerald!

Will see!

Take care

D

Hi Tati1,

Toowoomba is a lovely town. My mom visited, so I'm talking of 'first-hand-hearsay' :) . Oh yes, and hubby and I visited it rather thoroughly by means of Google Earth ! Being 'over the mountain', it is an almost natural-disaster-free town (also having 8 subterranean water supply 'backups' in case of drought), is surrounded by vegetable farms, is crowned the prettiest town in south Queensland regional area. I know there is some Saffers at the Uni, for instance the head of the IT department there (Gert somebody). The owner of the estate agency Aïda on Toowoomba is also a Saffer, I only recall his name to be Piet, can't remember his surname. It's weather is cooler and less humid than Brisbane, so I guess summers must be wonderful there.

I've dreamed about going to Toowoomba myself, but since IT jobs are not very much available there, hubby's job will probably take us elsewhere.

my 2c ...

Edited by Alida
  • Like 1

Very valuable info again this forum rocks:)

Thank you Alida am taking notes!!!

Most probably will go there on the Easter weekend to check it all out!!

Cheers

D

Oh, I've googled Toowoomba once again, saw there is floods from time to time ... eeeek

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Are there any SA's in Toowoomba??

Just curious with the town and the opportunities??

Would love to hear from anyone from there or someone that knows of the town (Toowoomba)

Cheeers and thank you in advance

D

The delightful Eva is in Toowoomba............Adminstrator....:):)

Marius Pretorius (ex Adelaide) also recently relocated to Toowoomba.

You should be able to contact them through the forum

Cheers.

Manny

Not sure which one it was Sunday night or 60 minutes the story about the young guys involve in so much violence in the streets of Brisbane (niteclubs) is sooo scary how unprovoked violence, King hit is like a common thing in nite life amongst younsters.

Just scary thinking of yr lil boy at a friends bday party and not come back from that:( it was heart breaking is better sometimes not to know:(

Hubby is thinking that those events of violence are less likely to occur in place like Toowoomba/Emerald!

Will see!

Take care

D

Given the ten of thousands that go out to those party areas in big cities the odds are probably not as bad as those programmes make out. When we were growing up places like Emerald and Toowoomba would be seen as more likely to get in a punch up as the blokes were more "blokey" in places like that. I think the stats back that up from memory. In the big cities there are always the more classy joints to hang around in if you are that way inclined.

Saying that Toowoomba is a lovely city for a young child or an adult...I just imagine the in-between party years you might lose them to Brisbane anyway.

Don't worry about the in-between party years Fish, there are nightclubs in Toowoomba too, Uni parties regularly and the kids get together at each others houses for parties/bbqs/drinking sessions whatever all the time... Concerts mean regular trips to Brisbane for my son and his friends, but fortunately that is not too far away.

Still loving living in Toowoomba!

Don't worry about the in-between party years Fish, there are nightclubs in Toowoomba too, Uni parties regularly and the kids get together at each others houses for parties/bbqs/drinking sessions whatever all the time... Concerts mean regular trips to Brisbane for my son and his friends, but fortunately that is not too far away.Still loving living in Toowoomba!

Yeah, I remember them...I assume they have been upgraded a bit from my day :)