Churches in Australia/Belief in God

PrissyMissy

Whoohoo!!!!! Thanks Jordy!!!! :ilikeit::boxing:

Just goes to show that I did not read the actual rules of the sub-forum, apologies to all for my earlier suggestion.

I think the most important thing regards religion in Aus (at least in Melbourne, and I'm sure this would apply most other cities and areas) is that you are welcome to observe and practice your religious views, so long as they are moderate (ie: no extreme fundamentalism), and don't push your views on others (which would include praising Jesus in general conversation for every positive thing that happens). As an Aussie, the most common negative thing I heard over many years regards religion was annoyance at someone pushing their views. This is one of the reasons the Jehovah's Witness and Mormons aren't popular there as they knock on your door to promote their version of things.

The majority of Aussies would claim to be Christian given they hark from Christian cultures, and love Xmas carols, nativity scenes etc. But bear in mind that this doesn't mean they all go to church. In fact I think the majority claiming to be Christian wouldn't go to church at all, unless for weddings etc. Many have a very loose concept of what christianity is, and many that fall into that category rarely talk religion at all. They'd be more likely to talk football!

You'll find that most Aussies, religious or atheist, have one principle they stick to - "give someone a fair go". And this includes not shunning someone because their views differ from yours (unless of course they push those views or have extremist views).

• Like 1

Jordy, I agree people are going totally off topic most of the time - I really just wanted to know about Brisbane with regards to church or belief in God.

So this is for the people attending church, and that believe in God, out there in Brisbane, pm me so that we can stay in touch for future recommending of churches in the area.

• Like 1