Pdf files- Looking for an easy to use grabber tool

AndreaL

Hi, can anyone help

A lot of my Uni readings are pdf's, can anyone recommend a free or moderately priced tool that I can use to grab text and images from online pdf's to put in my notes?

TIA

Hey Andre what is it that you want to be able to do? I have several little gems in m y software arsenal but I need to now what it is you need to achieve.

I have 3 pdf texts to read this week on sustainability, I want to be able to copy extracts of text or images from the pdf's to put into a word document which will be my notes. We are asked a question/s each week and have to read about 100 pages of text, I like to extract important bits as it keeps my answers focused. I have used the free trial of nitro pdf in the past and converted pdf's to text documents and used the camera tool to copy charts etc, but it doesn't seem to be working now.

I don't mind paying, but want something very easy to use as I seem to spend more time trying to work the darn things out.

Adobe Reader has a select button that looks like this post-16626-0-55173400-1361964483.png click on it select the text or image you want to copy and right click copy open word and right click paste, That should do what you want it to.

Really.....lol......I must have a look, perhaps I spend too much time with poor Uni students who don't have legit software on their p.c's, zi will have a look.

I use 5 clicks to grab and add to documents. It makes the image much smaller so the size of the document doesn't get too big. It's similar to the snipping tool but I prefer it.

I found the snapshot option but it only allows me to select all ( now I remember why I gave up on Adobe) but no ability to copy and paste, could it be because these are university documents ? It says you cannot edit or copy this document....maybe that is why other Uni students have found other ways to get round this, i know one that uses the free version of Nitro pdf, but my copy has expired.