MacKeeper - Don't Install

Joeemm

Hi All

I'm a Mac user and belong to the forum in the link below. I saw an advert for MacKeeper on this forum and thought I must warn you all. This software is virtually malware, it will slow down your Mac and is very hard to remove.

Read this link before installing.

http://www.mactalk.com.au/11/113711-mackeeper.html

Safe Surfing all

Joe

Thanks Joe, I don't have a mac but I am also having a real time getting rid of malware and adware ........I blame the kids ;)

Microsoft Security Essentials for windows if you have got a valid windows license it's free and it does the job.

I'm using Sophos as I get it free as a Uni student ( CQUniversity uses it) but still silly things get through, especially annoying toolbars that I forget to uncheck boxes.

You people DESERVE viruses and malware - after all you started the malware installation by installing MS software (apart from the Mac people, who fell victim to the Jobs 'Reality Distortion Field").

I have NEVER had a malware infestation, because I use Linux ..... ;)

Edited by OubaasDik
  • Like 1

Nice to finally see a photo of you OBD, you're just as sexy as I imagined ;)

• Like 1

Whahahahahahahaha! Ek L(ag nou lekker)MGA. Linux rules the world. I am fast becoming a WinOS hater. :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Agree that Linux ( especially Ubuntu ;-)) is a pretty solid OS, but then the Mac OS is also based on Linux at it's core ;-)

If you have use a Windows machine, you might consider Googles Chrome browser, it has a lot less "tool bars" which seem to plague MS-Explorer

Safe Surfing all

Joe

So Joe

I have IE which I only use for certain Uni videos which won't display on Firefox, my usual browser, I also have chrome installed, what would some of you computer types advise me to do?

O.K. I did a google on Linux and am too techno-illiterate to get beyond the fact that Firefox does use Linux?

BTW, that diet worked wonders OBD and it is so nice to see you without just your thong ;)

If you have use a Windows machine, you might consider Googles Chrome browser, it has a lot less "tool bars" which seem to plague MS-Explorer

This gets a thumbs up. I have been using chrome for 2 years now, I originally installed to test web pages but I have slowly migrated from Firefox. I hate IE, hate isn't even a strong enough word, It is a nightmare to develop for and is always long outdated before it is released.

2971603_700b.jpg

3558868_700b.jpg

September-30-2011-00-29-33-15254large.jp

• Like 1

Agree that Linux ( especially Ubuntu ;-)) is a pretty solid OS, but then the Mac OS is also based on Linux at it's core ;-)

Um, not quite - MacOS is based on FreeBSD - which is NOT a Linux ......

Basically if BSD wasn't having so much fun with AT&T suing UCB and vice versa, probably Linux wouldn't have been born .....

Interesting history.

Nice to finally see a photo of you OBD, you're just as sexy as I imagined ;)

When I was about that age, I probably looked similar, except my hair was lighter, glasses smaller and had more chin and a bit less overbite.

And my T-shirts usually said things like "Wits Engineers" and "Mens Res" and "I'm so happy here, I can just :censored:". Tasteful stuff ......

Ah, good, it censored it, I was wondering.

Edited by OubaasDik

I suspect you are being a little critical of yourself, after all Mrs Dik found you irresistible ;)

And yes, it is very difficult to write naughty words on the forum, I've tried it myself years ago, when I was younger and full of fire......lol

I suspect you are being a little critical of yourself, after all Mrs Dik found you irresistible ;)

And yes, it is very difficult to write naughty words on the forum, I've tried it myself years ago, when I was younger and full of fire......lol

I took advantage of her - it was open day at Groedakkies and I helped her escape, only to lock her in my basement until she married me.

You may notice that American Horror Story have used this plot idea in the latest episode. ;)

• Like 1

Um, not quite - MacOS is based on FreeBSD - which is NOT a Linux ......

Basically if BSD wasn't having so much fun with AT&T suing UCB and vice versa, probably Linux wouldn't have been born .....

Interesting history.

Yes not "Linux", it was based on a "unix like" OS but OS X was then certified as real UNIX in 2007.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2007/08/mac-os-x-leopard-receives-unix-03-certification/

Edited by Fish