Barbeque for South Africans living in Sunbury or surrounding areas 16th March 2013

Mara

The Sunbury Baptist Church is hosting a FREE barbeque for South Africans living in Sunbury or surrounding areas or for those intending to move to Sunbury. You are welcome to bring South African friends that are not forum members. Any South Africans are welcome, you do not have to be a church goer or a member of Sunbury Baptist Church.

Details as follows:

Date: Saturday 16th March 2013

Time: 5pm or 17h00

Venue: http://www.melway.com.au/online-maps/ Select Map Ref and type in Map 382 Grid D3.

Address: Cnr Riddell Road and Ligar Street - Parking in Ligar Street. Look for the Rotunda and Barbeque area.

There is a play area for the kids and if you wish to bring a ball or cricket bat with, then please do so.

You may wish to bring a chair, if you have one, there is some seating but perhaps not enough for everyone.

The food on offer is: sausages, hamburgers and sauce, cooked onions, bread/rolls, salads, soft drinks and dessert. If you have specific dietery needs you are welcome to bring your own.

If you are planning to attend please would you be kind enough to contact Steve directly and let him know. Obviously he needs to know the numbers in order to plan for enough food for everyone.

Steve's mobile number is 0423 148 493

or you can PM me and I will pass your details on to him. If you PM me, please advise how many adults and how many children (children's ages)

I think this is a wonderful gesture to make the Sunbury South Africans feel welcome and to give them the opportunity to meet others.

Hopefully there will be one again around September ;)

If this one works out, it is their first, then I am sure they will do it again.

Hi Mara

Just getting you to the top of the page again. Unfortunately we are a long way from Sunbury but maybe there will be something a bit closer to home in the future. Did anyone go to the event that was mentioned on the forum about 2 months ago - I think it was Nikki that posted the event?

Hi Sunnyskies

Not sure about who attended the one at Bundoora, unfortunately we were unable to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to bump this into view again.