VISA Granted... now for the BIG ESCAPE...

GideonVD

12 February 2013

At this rate I'm starting to become an alcoholic (or just better at it) :o Finished the bottle of Black Grouse and 12.y.o Glen Ord whiskey... just cracked open the 15.y.o Glen Fiddich... :D

I now officially hate you ...... it's the way you flaunt it.

;)

Edited by OubaasDik

I now officially hate you ...... it's the way you flaunt it.

That and the fact the fact that he doesn't even offer to share. :thumbdown:

Edited by HadEnoughofJuju
  • Like 1

Hey, its a bit hard to find my phone to invite anybody after a couple ;):P

Hey, its a bit hard to find my phone to invite anybody after a couple ;):P

Hey, HEOJ, he's not even pretending to be sorry ...... :angry2:

Na... would love to... next "Get together" I'll bring along ;)

PS: Sorry boys... we will seriously have to make a PLAN :D

@OBD, I think this warrants an ignore for a couple of days. :P

Eish... I'll have to comfort my lonelyness with my good friend... Glen ;)

@OBD, I think this warrants an ignore for a couple of days. :P

You're right - he can probably take anything except being ignored - now if only we had some decent Scotch, too. :)

I think I'd be one hell of a drunk by the timeout :D

I think I'd be one hell of a drunk by the timeout :D

The way you drink alone is already a disturbing symptom - If I was talking to you, I'd try to help ..... ;)

Funny thing that, I though I saw a post on this topic earlier today at 12:04 by someone, I think maybe it was a GaryVD or maybe a GrantVD can't remember though, must have been mistaken. :whome::P

• Like 1

I'm the invisible man... try and catch me if you can :D

• 2 weeks later...

23 February 2013

Attended a friends' wife's "Baby Shower" this evening. The men where to one side with the drinks and braai, the women all around the expecting mother and such.

During the evening there where a lot of questions and comments around our moving to Oz again. Best one was from my "best friend" as I use to call him, stating that he feels we are being too hasty... yeah right :glare:

I sometimes hate having to rego over the subject and scrutinising by friends.

I for one can't wait no to have to listen to it and being made like I am making a mistake...

The one's making the mistake are the one's that are remaining blind to the reality that is South Africa... :whome:

O well... the 8th March we going on a little week holiday/tour in Italy... will help relax a bit :)

• Like 1

I have noticed many people seem to struggle with the inertia of making the decision and lack the commitment to back it up. It seems to be a competition between the fear of the unknown vs taking stock of their own reality. Each case is different so I would pay little attention to your "friend". Besides its your life and what you do with it is up to you as long as you are striving to be happy.

I have noticed many people seem to struggle with the inertia of making the decision and lack the commitment to back it up. It seems to be a competition between the fear of the unknown vs taking stock of their own reality. Each case is different so I would pay little attention to your "friend". Besides its your life and what you do with it is up to you as long as you are striving to be happy.

Well said

1 March 2013

It's been a couple of weeks since I sold my Kia Sportage. I took over my wife's Nissan Juke and I must say... this little car is truly amazing. She's got the Ascenta+ model, but I'm totally hooked. I read somewhere Nissan Australia are planning to introduce the Juke in Oz sometime mid-2013. I really hope so... would love to get my hands on a nice Red 1.6 Turbo Tekna with CVT gearbox and 4WD. Nismo Juke also an option, if it came out in Red ;)

On the other front... we are slowly but surely cataloguing the entire house's contents for the container. But truth be told, we aren't that motivated at the moment, because we are looking forward to a nice 10 day tour through Italy starting next weekend.

Really can't wait to just break a bit from this SA hell-hole for a little bit before we finally escape...

1 March 2013

It's been a couple of weeks since I sold my Kia Sportage. I took over my wife's Nissan Juke and I must say... this little car is truly amazing. She's got the Ascenta+ model, but I'm totally hooked. I read somewhere Nissan Australia are planning to introduce the Juke in Oz sometime mid-2013. I really hope so... would love to get my hands on a nice Red 1.6 Turbo Tekna with CVT gearbox and 4WD. Nismo Juke also an option, if it came out in Red ;)

On the other front... we are slowly but surely cataloguing the entire house's contents for the container. But truth be told, we aren't that motivated at the moment, because we are looking forward to a nice 10 day tour through Italy starting next weekend.

Really can't wait to just break a bit from this SA hell-hole for a little bit before we finally escape...

A big fan of Nissan for many years (although I have been enjoying my Mazda 2 for the past 4 years). But couldn't resist to have a look at this beauty - she is indeed gorgeous! I'm hoping to settle my account on my Mazda 2 in 3 months' time so definitely considering purchasing a Nissan Juke when they become available (love the Red too!). Here's a short article I found on it being introduced into Australia - production to start later this year.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/196814/nissan-juke-crossover-confirmed-australia/

• Like 1

Hi Gideon....is your house on the market for sale yet?

Nope, not yet, we planning to start in April :)

good luck....Meyerspark has a lot of properties for sale and it's going agonisingly slowly!

PS Enjoy Italy....you are then envy of the forum! :)

Thanks, hopefully all works out. :)

5 March 2013

This country truly is the place that anything that can go wrong will go wrong. First the Deed's office loses my title deed to our townhouse, only to find it again later the day. Then FNB loses the loan application documentation from the buyer (idiots never scanned it in to their system to process). The buyer and his wife suddenly had to quickly resubmit everything to start processing. The lawyers also pulled the deed's office application to resubmit on Wednesday to fall in line with the application processing from FNB so that both parties should be completed by the 13th of March. This means I'm waiting almost 2 weeks now for my money, and no rental income or occupational rent as the buyers will move in when the process is done.

Seriously don't need this hassle now :(

On the bright side at least... Friday we are jetting of to Rome :D Can't wait!