Just a quick intro...

Anemicke

This is my first post. I just wanted to say hello to all and let you know I have enjoyed looking around the forum for the last week or so.

My name is Anemicke. I currently live in Johannesburg (Edenglen) with my husband Ernest.

We’ve been thinking about emigrating for about 1½ years. After months of research, we decided to do a look-see trip to Melbourne in March 2012. What can I say...we loved it! People call it “the city of dreams” – a place you’ll regret not visiting. That’s so true.

We know that there will be ups and downs along the way, but we think we’re going to be a lot happier there.

14 Jan: We received information from an agent regarding the process and the fees and had an assessment done regarding the most suitable visa. We’re also planning on writing the IELTS test early March.

Not much yet…but it’s a start.

• Like 5

HELLO and welcome!

It's a long old journey (we're only about 4 months in the excitment has already lost its shine!) but with proper prep and using this forum as a resource you should be ok!

Good luck and keep us posted!

C

Hi Anemicke

Welcome to the forum and good luck. This is one of the most emotionally draining adventure that you will ever go on but let me tell you that the day you get your visa you will realise that all the ups and downs were worth it in the long run (it's an amazing feeling :ilikeit:). It's also the best possible future that you could give your children (that is if you have or plan on having any).

Welcome and may your journey be a smooth one!

You say you made contact with an agent, please be sure that it is a good one. Perhaps you want to share your experience with them and their name, before you pay them a huge amount of money. There are some folks on this forum who have been severely damaged by rogue agents who did very little to earn their keep.

We have a number of agents that contribute to this forum and they all come highly recommended!

hi and best of luck with everything!

Welcome, fasten your seatbelts, as the ride can get very rough! Good luck

Welcome! Almost all questions are answered here! :ilikeit: Good luck and all the best!