Saaustralia app?

Scribe

Question

Hi everyone.

This is just something that I thought of now as I am lying in bed and reading on saaustralia.

I don't know anything about programing and stuff . Maybe someone can enlighten me. As I am reading the posts and wating for the pages to load on my tablet, I was thinking how awesome it would be to have an saaustralia app. I don't know if this would be possible but I think a lot of people would download it.

Have a good night

13 answers to this question

Invision (the folks who authored our forum software) has made available an app for iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch). It can be downloaded here. It can be used to access any Invision forum. In order to get it configured for SAAustralia, these are the entries you should make when adding a "Community" :

post-1-0-67927700-1358431746_thumb.jpg

Once you open SAAustralia, you will still have to log in (if you are a registered member) :

post-1-0-59460800-1358432644_thumb.png post-1-0-01776600-1358432651_thumb.png post-1-0-48230200-1358432658_thumb.png

Once you are signed in, you will notice coloured bullets next to the forums where there is new content since you last logged in (either online or with the app) :

post-1-0-29971700-1358432667_thumb.png

Enjoy!

• Like 2

I guess the question would be who would do the work and who would pay for it...

I use the IP Board app on my iPhone - works well and it's a little quicker than using the web site

There is an App already as pointed out above. IP Board. in both Apple and Android.

No cr@pberry app, I'm disappointed. ;) guess I'll have to downgrade to Apple or Android when I get to Australia. :P

• Like 1

Yep - you're right HEOJ - I came here with my 5-month old BB Torch - used it for 6 weeks until I could get a contract and a new iPhone.

1) BB internet is mostly only available with an expensive contract option. (the one notable exception - I used Crazy John's pre-paid BB plan when I got here)

2) I use public transport a lot and BB has no or bad apps for public transport - I use my Melbourne Public Transport app daily

3) the apps and games on iPhone and 'droid are way better than BB - keeps you occupied when on the train/tram/bus

I'd guess that about 50% of my colleagues use iPhone, 40% use 'droid and the rest use something else.

Hmmm, I'm not sure. Jumped many hoops but it doesn't seem to have the same functionality as the website. Maybe I'm missing something. Really disappointed as I think that the work done on the website is great.

havent been on here in AGES due to arrival of our second bub. this is really GREAT