Adelaide get-together

ria

. . . . just did a stocktake in the kitchen cupboard.

We've got about 20 plates (china) and a half dozen stainless steel plates that we take bush.

30 forks

20 knives

20 spoons

heaps of mugs for tea and coffee.

Should be enough to supply eveyone . . . . . or we just do a quick wash after the first sitting before the next sitting gets underway :blink:

Don't bring ice. It'll be hard for you to keep it chilled unless you have an "esky" which you may not have, and I don't expect newcomers to Australia to have everything they'd normally aquire after being here a few years.

I'll freeze some rainwater in my Engel before the weekend and throw that in the tub on Sunday.

Hi BoB

Any room for another 3? Been in Adelaide for a year and a half and the only time i have met any other south africans was watching rugby.You gave me some good advice on the other forum abour 2 years ago ,and it would be nice to meet you.

Ian

Come along.

All welcome.

Denise - we'll all be there ! :ilikeit:

Hi Bob

Thanks for the invite. Would love the opportunity to finally meet some of the "names".

Cheers mate

Hi Bob

Thanks for the invite. Would love the opportunity to finally meet some of the "names".

Cheers mate

Hi!

Ons 5 sal ook daar wees, het iemand stickers vir naamplaatjies of moet ek koop?

Groete,

Ria

Nie!

Jy moet nie naamplaatjies koop want ek kan hul maak.

Well done on the Afrikaans, Bob! I'm impressed! :D

Wish I could be there too, but am, for the moment, still in SA...soon though, I'll be joining you guys there! ;):ilikeit:

ENJOY the 1st of April - I'll be there in spirit! :D

Jy moet nie naamplaatjies koop want ek kan hul maak.

Bob, that is seriously impressive! Uitstekend!

Like Kangaroo, i wish i could join you guys for this - but we're still in CT for now. We hope to be in Adelaide by mid 2008.

Have a wonderful time - and don't let my sister-in-law (Denise) get out of hand :-))

Scott

thanks, folks!

I'm being nothing but a show off :ilikeit: . . . . . but having fun learning a couple of Afrikaans words in the process, I must admit!

I promise not to give Denise too many Bacardi & Cokes!

Edited by Bob

Sorry That I won't be able to make it this time, too much work pressure.

Maybe next time! :whome:

Good on ya with the Afrikaans, Bob! :ilikeit:

Hi julle!

Ek weet ek en Johan bly nou nie in Adelaide nie, maar ons wil baie graag ook ander SAners ontmoet. Dus wil ons ook baie graag gaan.

Bob, will you please also make 'naamplaatjies' :) for Johan and I? PS Those photos that Johan took of your weekend are extraordinary, looks like a great weekend!! :ilikeit:

Skuus, ek's ook nie seker oor wat ons moet saambring nie?

Groete

Aneldari

Hey Aneldari!

(Great om te sien julle's 'terug' - het jou geantwoord onder jou ander post onder 'Settling In' vandag!)

Ek sien vir Bob se bash moet julle eetgerei (lepels, teelepels, vurke, messe, bekers en borde), slaai, vleis, drinkgoed en stoele saamvat! En indien julle 'n Weber het, vat dit sommer ook saam vir die barbeque!

ENJOY!!!! :ilikeit:

Edited by kangaroo

Hi to all the S/african adelaiders and Bob,

I've just noticed that the get -together co-incides with our LSD trip! We will be arriving Sunday morning via Perth. Hopefully we will not be too bushed to find our way to your house, Bob. Can you fit 2 more in???

Timing is everything!

Sandy and Andre

Hi to all the S/african adelaiders and Bob,

I've just noticed that the get -together co-incides with our LSD trip! We will be arriving Sunday morning via Perth. Hopefully we will not be too bushed to find our way to your house, Bob. Can you fit 2 more in???

Timing is everything!

Sandy and Andre

Feel free to come.

I'm vacuuming the floor and mopping them in between getting online and watching the Rugby :ilikeit: but I've always employed an "open" house policy.

My youngest daughter, Heidi, is coming home from University in the Eastern States, bringing a number of American and Canadian students with her, from her latest emails.

They just happen to be "visiting" Adelaide over the two week Easter Uni break, so should be fun for all.

My son, Bobby, also comes back from Perth also on Sunday, at 9pm, from an Australia-wide competition to do with his work. He's waving the flag for Sth Australia.

Aneldari . . . get Johan to bring that little stool he took last weekend on the 4WD trip and another for you, if you have one? Also, plate, knife fork, spoon and mugs. Buy some meat this weekend and knock a salad up to put on the table.

Other than that, feel free to rock up whenever. We're back from church about 12:30pm (can't miss out on the cuppa and chinwags there afterwards!), so make yourselves free with this place.

We'll leave the doors open for you to stroll in and make yourselves at home.

This is Australia, after all.

It'll be good to see you guys again.

041-255 3725 if anyone gets "bushed" (lost)

Could you guys please post an event entry in the South Australia events forum for this?

Agreed, done, see events forrum, should have done it already :lol: . Had family visit from SA the last few weeks so a bit pre-occupied.Please take some pics and post it under the events forum.

I cannot make it this time unfortunately, have urgent issues I have to attend to - will catch you all on the next one. As per Ria's suggestion we should do it once month I think. Watch this and the events forum for detials.

BOB

From my family, many thanks for the barbie at your place.We met some new people and enjoyed ourselves .

Hope there will be another in the future.

ian

Guest Bronwyn

Thank you Bob & Ginnie for being such warm & wonderful hosts. It was a really pleasant afternoon in an amazing setting. I think a good time was had by all! :thumbdown::ilikeit::ilikeit:

You are really special people. :ilikeit:

Bronwyn

Ian & Bronwyn,

it was good to have you folk here on Sunday along with all the other Saffers.

My intention was to make a venue for folks to feel relaxed, feel that they could stick their feet up and enjoy each other's company for a few hours.

Hopefully, with that sort of atmosphere, you'll swap ideas, notes and all sorts of other "inside" infromation that only newcomers to South Australia will be privy to. I guessed that would be the most useful thing to come out of a get-together as well as getting to know each other bit by bit.

Ginnie and I enjoyed eating the left over kebabs and South African boerewors next day and the bottle of red! :thumbdown:

so . . . . feel free to nominate this place in the future for a get-together when the need arises.

It was great to have you all.

I'd like to also say that I was tickled pink at getting such a great book, brought all the way from South Africa . . . . and the "African" card, also brought from the Transvaal, expressing thanks signed by Dedrei & Ruche in Cairns Q'ld, Ajay and Riekie & Martin in Sydney, Pippa & Fred from Pretoria, Jacqui from George, Ria & Ivan, Annette & Marius, Jeanette & Danie, all from Adelaide.

It's not every day that we get any acknowledgement, but when it happens it is uplifting.

Ginnie wants to paste the card from Pretoria in the front cover of the book to remind us of how we got it and who gave it to us . . . . a lovely gift!

Thank you all!

Edited by Bob