New World Immigration

Clover

Hi Guys

Any of you used New world immigration services, Cape Town ?

They have an offshore id, and are registered as a company and with Home Affairs but are not MARA registered as they operate in South Africa.

Hi Clover

I haven't heard of them, but the reason you have been provided with for why they are not registered with MARA does not sound right as there are many Migration Agencies who are based and operate in SA who are registered. Diac also warns against using agents who are not registered, must be a good reason for it. If your case is not too complicated why not attempt it without agent? :)

If they aren't MARA registered don't go near them, smells like trouble to me. They have to be MARA registered in order to dispense Australian Immigration advise, it's how Australia regulates the industry.

• Like 3

Personally I would want to use a MARA registered agent. However agents operating outside Australia do not need to be registered with MARA. See http://www.immi.gov.au/visas/migration-agents/migration-agents-outside-australia.htm for details.

Edited by Jordy
edited to correct info

Hi Guys

Thanks alot for all the honest opinions, I will definitely investigate further. :)

@ bbop I have had no problems thus far

@ Jordy I have made 1/3 of my payment.

@ Tisha, I would have loved to go the route of not using an agent at all but our case is a bit complicated so I was forced to use one.

Clover,

To us finance and distance (we are in Saudi Arabia) was an issue. We only paid R14000 for a family of 4 and could pay it off in installments. If we compared that to other agents, there was just no way we could afford it. We have never met our agent or even spoken over the phone. Everything is done via email. I guess we got lucky when it came to picking an honest and hard working agent. We received our invite on Wednesday and she is in the process of lodging our visa, we just have some dates we are trying to sort out before we can lodge. Good luck with your agent - hope all works out

• Like 2

Clover,

To us finance and distance (we are in Saudi Arabia) was an issue. We only paid R14000 for a family of 4 and could pay it off in installments. If we compared that to other agents, there was just no way we could afford it. We have never met our agent or even spoken over the phone. Everything is done via email. I guess we got lucky when it came to picking an honest and hard working agent. We received our invite on Wednesday and she is in the process of lodging our visa, we just have some dates we are trying to sort out before we can lodge. Good luck with your agent - hope all works out

All I can say is "Wow!!" Not a great contribution, I admit, but ........ most people would say you've been lucky (I say that) ;)

• Like 1

Hey there Clover

Can't remember if I've said it or not but congratulations on the invite and good luck with the rest of the process. If you do continue to use these agents I hope that they are honest and hard working and that you don't have hassles with them. Hey we used MARA registered agents and we had endless trouble with them. I guess it's just the luck of the draw.

Hello All,

The decision on whether to use an agent or not is a personal one. If you do choose to use an agent I always recommend that you get a few quotes – exclude those that are not affordable for you and then make a decision from there.

Unfortunately you cannot presume that all MARA registered agents are good or that all non-registered agents are bad. At least with MARA registered agents you know that they have passed a course in Australian immigration law and they have to complete Continued Professional Development (CPD) every year in order to stay up to date with changes and re-register.

You can also tell how long an agent has been registered - the first two digits of their registration number indicates that year.

At the end of the day recommendations from people that have used a particular agent are invaluable.

I hope this helps!

Regards

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Found this old post about new world Immigration and just wanted to add my 2cents worth of advice.

They are brilliant!!!!

I have not ONE bad thing to say about them. Jonathan @ NWI is always willing to help and as were are waiting for that visa Grant I'm sure everything is up and legit with them.

They were not even close to all those expensive agents and we only had to pay part of the fees upfront and the rest was only due now after I paid my visa fees.

Really glad we used them. I didn't have half the stress about what is next, he will phone and say ok Rita, next step is, and tell me what he needs from me and what he will be doing.

every time I have a question or need info, I would just email him and he will phone me with in 10 Min!!!!

so form my side: I WOULD RECOMMEND NWI

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

We are also using NWI great service from Jonathan Pretorius!

New World Immigration is a well organized business ???

Agree with you RitaE, also using NWI their service is great!

I had excellent service from NWI, Jonathan Pretorius is great. Would highly recommend them ?

• 5 years later...
On 11/17/2012 at 11:20 AM, bbop said:

Clover,

Hi there, was this using New World Immigration?