Never expected this... but saw it coming... (part 3 - the VISA application)

GideonVD

We really hope so... :)

GideonVD..you poor things!!!! Ever heard the saying..."one day you will look back at all of this and laugh?" Sometimes I wonder? Anyway, your CO sounds on top of things and I am sure everything will be fine :ilikeit: Let us all know when you get the good news!

O hell yes will do ;)

Once the medical center has uploaded your medicals, can you see it has been uploaded along with all your other documents?

Once the medical center has uploaded your medicals, can you see it has been uploaded along with all your other documents?

Not entirely sure, we working via an agent, they have access to our online details. According to them they say the status is "processing".

Baie sterkte!! Laat weet asb :ilikeit:

Thanks... will do ;)

20 December 2012

This morning I woke up and as I got sorted to go to work I scanned through my emails on my iPad, I see the one subject "State Sponsered - ****". I open up the email to see that we just received Victoria state sponsorship... for a 190... we have a week to let them know to proceed or it will be withdrawn. I just chuckled lightly and closed the mail.

A little too late Victoria... we have our invite for a 189 for a long while now, and maybe the VISA itself very soon ;):P

• 3 weeks later...

7 January 2013

A couple of days after the passing of my father-in-law, we get a little bit of good news. Someone made a serious offer on our old Townhouse/Duplex. This piece of property has been standing for sale for almost 4 years now, although we have been able to cover the costs by letting it out. Went through the offer to purchase. The couple is putting down a little more than 50% of the offer down as deposit and then financing the rest. This will be great, at least for that low amount, the banks will easily loan the rest. Another bonus, no waiting for another property to be sold first :D

This will help a lot in covering the outstanding amount on the house with the bank and also the profit will definitely help pay for the container.

On the slightly down side... we still haven't heard anything from the medicals, CO or DIAC... our agent Rene thinks it might still be due to most of them still getting going after the festive season.

Let's hope we get some more good news this week... I hope :)

Edited by GideonVD
  • Like 3

Don't worry GideonVD, we have not heard anything else either since 04/12/12. The other sites wrt visa being granted seem to be quiet aswell. I guess they are taking longer to start the new year than we are......

Let's keep our fingers crossed that they get going soon... :)

• Like 1

Don't worry GideonVD, we have not heard anything else either since 04/12/12. The other sites wrt visa being granted seem to be quiet aswell. I guess they are taking longer to start the new year than we are......

Australian summer holidys are traditionally in Jan, not Dec as is the case in RSA. Schools inQLD only go back in the last week of Jan. Ther's also a public holiday on the 26th of Jan (RSA has one on 16th Dec, which is there start of summer holidays). The roads are still quiet.

Edited by 16yearsoutofrsa

15 January 2013

Today we get an update I did not wanting to hear. Seems somehow the doctor caused a "referral" of our medicals during the submission, but no one got the notification and information on what was required. After trying to follow up what's going on our agent Rene found that the medical review agency was happy with the results and did not need any referral. She's now trying to get the CO to try and lift the referral with the person (yes one guy seems to be handling all referrals) in charge of the medical referral reviews and get our application completed.

We now wait anxiously for the result... although this bugger-up by the doctor just confirms to me there's still a lot of people that are easily confused by this new VISA application process.

We can only hope for the best I guess... :(

Edited by GideonVD

Well, only 2 weeks to go till the end of Aussie summer holiday, then ! You've moved very quickly - we are in a bunch of applications ranging from 2008-2010, stil waiting ...

Fasten your seatbelts for the launch once you get going !!

I am hoping for good news today... fingers crossed...

16 January 2013

Just got more bad news... :( The CO is unwilling or unable to talk to the central medical referral officer to try and lift the "referred" from our medicals. Our agent Rene wanted to try and get the board panel doctor to try from his side, but he's only available on Thursday again. If they don't come right, we will be delayed by who knows how long just because somebody stuffed up again... :(

Totally dis-maid and gutted...

17 January 2013

Some slightly good news... the deposit for the sale of the town house has been received, so now this has become more "real" to me. On the medical referrals, our agent was unable to get hold of the panel doctor. My wife will try tomorrow morning (18th) from her side.

I'm somehow not convinced it's going to help. :(

18 January 2013

My wife got a hold of the panel doctor. He was very friendly indeed. Also said he didn't have direct access to the MOC, but that there was a web form that could be used to get things allocated a bit faster. He said he will try that route and keep us updated on the outcome.

Now all we can do is wait :(

17 January 2013 - Supplemental

We've started looking into options to try and get my Mother-In-Law (MIL) into Auz once we are there. At the moment it only seems that there's three options, the 103 (permanent, but takes up to almost 12 years to be granted), the 143 (permanent, costs a crap-load) but only takes up to 18 months to be granted, or the other alternative, get her in on a 173 (temporary, half a crap-load) that also take 18 months to be granted and then during the last part of the term, apply for a 173 to 143 conversion onshore (permanent, the other half of the crap-load).

So many options, so many costs... seems a little daunting :o

18 January 2013 - Supplemental

Had another idea reading other posts on the parental VISA subject. We might be able to get her into the country quicker on a Tourist VISA, only if we can organise that the "NO FURTHER STAY" condition is waived on that VISA. Once in Auz, we could apply for a 804 and get a bridged VISA while we wait for the 804 to be granted. This option also seems to be the best in terms of time-frame and cost.

21 January 2012

Yesterday we decided to put one of the cars up for sale to try and cut our expenditure a bit and try save up for the move. So last night I put my car on OLX and Gumtree and already got one enquiry this morning.

On an even better note, my wife got an email from the panel doctor, forwarding the MOC's acknowledgement that the "referral" has been "finalised". She's forwarded the information to our agent Rene who has forwarded it to the CO. Hopefully this matter will be resolved now and we can get our VISA before the end of the week :D

Got myself a new portable hard drive (my old one broke), busy backing up all my data and code (work related) so to keep samples of my work for myself. :)

• Like 2

28 January 2013

That's it, enough with the patience... :(

Our agent escalated the issue with our CO with DIAC. Ever since the medical fiasco, the CO has done nothing to get the process completed. It's as if they don't care.

I'm sorry, we didn't pay money to be treated like a charity case... :(

Shame man Gideon. Sorry to hear about your struggles. Hope it all works out soon. Also very frustrated, we are SO ready to go, but the house is not selling... crap!

I hate this waiting...

Also got excited for you!! I am holding thumbs everything continues on just as well!

Thanks... hoping for the best... :)