Finding a church where we belong

heidim

I would really like some input, websites and suggestions from those of you living in the North Lakes area/ attend church in North Lakes or not more than 15 minutes away.

We are new here (4 weeks) and church is a very important part of our life. Leaving my church in RSA was just as difficult for me as leaving my friends and family. In Joburg we attended Liberty Church in Randburg. We loved it because our family is diverse and finding a church where everyone is comfortable is really, really challenging. We have a 14 year old teenage daughter, then two more girls aged 2 and 4. In RSA the little ones went to children's church during the sermon. They LOVED it. My four year old prefered children's church to kindergarten! She wanted to go to church 24/7. As a mom that was priceless to know that my child enjoys spending time with God. The 14 year old loved the youth action, and luckily for us the 2 year old didn't have a say and we enjoyed the sermons.

Now it's starting from scratch. We're looking for a charasmatic evangelical church with a focus on the entire family's spiritual well-being - by that I mean kids included. I don't want my children to go to church and only play with play dough or watch movies just to keep them busy. I want them actively involved in church life - Bible stories, praise and worship etc.

I know and I accept that no church is perfect, not even the church we attended in RSA. But if we could get a kick-start from other's experience it will be great!

Thanks.

Edited by heidim

Hi Heidim,

We've been in Brisbane for a couple of years, and it took some time to find a church that 'felt like home'. We are now going to Citipointe, and really enjoy it.

We have not been to the Citipointe North Campus, but it might be worth to go see how you find it. Here's the website.

http://north.citipointechurch.com/

• Like 1

Doxa Deo has a campus in Brisbane. We attend the Midstream campus and when I was a student I was in Brooklyn campus in Pretoria. Google them and the pop in for a visit. It just might be what you are looking for.

• Like 1

Doxa Deo has a campus in Brisbane. We attend the Midstream campus and when I was a student I was in Brooklyn campus in Pretoria. Google them and the pop in for a visit. It just might be what you are looking for.

I've heard a lot of good things about Doxa Deo in RSA, :ilikeit: but I checked the website and it seems they only have a campus in NZ..... Unless you know about a website from Brisbane that I couldn't find. Also bear in mind, Brisbane is huge... We don't want to travel to church for 2 hour! But I got really excited by the suggestion, so keep it coming! :ilikeit:

Hi Heidim,

We've been in Brisbane for a couple of years, and it took some time to find a church that 'felt like home'. We are now going to Citipointe, and really enjoy it.

We have not been to the Citipointe North Campus, but it might be worth to go see how you find it. Here's the website.

http://north.citipointechurch.com/

I really like what I've seen on the website :ilikeit: and it is quite close to us which makes it easy to participate in church events. Thanks! I guess Citipoint will be our next stop. Thanks again for taking the time to post!

@heidim

I am so sorry I got your hopes up prematurely. I contacted one of the Doxa Deo pastors and he informed me that the Brisbane campus was planned, but never realised. :blush::cry: (So much for that issue being "sorted"). I assumed that they had a campus as they used to have television broadcasts, but I was mistaken. :oops:

I hope that you will find a wonderful spiritual home for yourself and your family. :hug:

Have you considered looking into http://myhillsong.co...rvices/brisbane ?

Gosh, I hope I don't get the third degree on my choice of church too, but Hillsong makes my heart happy :whome:

We have been to Hillsong in Brisbane Mt Gravatt and we do like it but the commute is just too far....

No third degree - we own heaps of Hillsongs CD's!!

Hi

We live in North Lakes and we've been goint to Bray Park Community Church for the last 4 years. They have Junior Kids Church, Kidz Church with their own Youth band and on Friday evenings and Sunday nights they have the youth together. I volunteered at Junior Kidz Church and they sing, pray and listen to a Bible story, and do some art. You can have a look at their website:

http://bpcc.com.au/

We sing heaps of Hillsong songs during the services. Fantastic Pastors!!

• Like 2

We go to Nexus Church in Everton Park. Might be a little far for you but sooo worth it. We have a few other S.A friends in North Lakes that drive from there to church every Sunday- even an elderly couple that come from Caboolture every Sunday. We have quite a few South Africans in our church...Love our church!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know about the Gateway Baptist Church in MacKenzie (Mt Gravatt Capalaba Rd)?

It is quite close to our house and would be ideal for us to attend.