who's your agent?

mllh

I personally think that Bron and Gl!tter are in a secret race to see who can overtake the likes of Mara and Jordy with the total number of posts.

Edited by HadEnoughofJuju

Lol do you know how many posts Mara has? I'll be an Australian citizen and still be waaaay behind her :D She's part of the furniture and been around for many moons, so has Bronwyn. I remember them from 2007 but I lost that profile. Are you jealous that we aren't including you HEOJ?

I personally think that Bron and Gl!tter are in a secret race to see who can overtake the likes of Mara and Jordy with the total number of posts.

The term ForumWhore comes to mind... (not meaning anything bad ;))

PS: Just for clarity, the term does not denote any malicious meaning to any women. It is an internet term describing someone (man or woman) who enjoys posting a lot on discussion forums, sometimes with the intent on having high post counts.

Please refer to the link to the urban dictionary -> HERE

Edited by GideonVD

I use to be one on some Automotive Forums a couple of years ago :P

Please refer to the post update before making assumptions.

As stated, this is an internet based term and is in no way derogatory towards women. Please make sure you understand the meaning of terms before judging.

GideonVD, believe me I do understand, but I think you are the one who does not understand. no woman, under any circumstances whatsoever, is going to appreciate being called a whore of any kind... just my 2c worth. I do not wish to go into a debate about this, I am not accusing anyone of anything, I just wanted you to try and understand why you got the reaction, that you got and accept that it does not matter whether or not it is an internet based term, it is still unacceptable.

Why not just call us "forum junkies", I, for one, would be happy with that!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for the recommendations. We are starting the process, and have been in contact with migrate2oz.

At least we can be assured that they are good!

Hi here is another recommendation - Good one I think because he is South African - now living in Aus.......

André Burger Registered Australian Migration Agent, MARA No. 9801665, sa@ozimmigration.com

AUSTRALIAN OFFICE:

Suite 1, 88 Cumberland Street, THE ROCKS, Sydney, New South Wales, 2000, Australia

PO Box Q572, QVB Post Office, SYDNEY, New South Wales, 1230, Australia

Phone +61 (0)2 8345 5600, Fax +61 (0)2 8345 5617, www.ozimmigration.com

SOUTH AFRICAN OFFICE:

Second Floor, 98 William Road, NORWOOD, Johannesburg, Gauteng, 2192, South Africa

PostNet Suite 132, Private Bag X2600, HOUGHTON, Johannesburg, Gauteng, 2041, South Africa

Phone +27 (0)11 407 8790, Fax +27 (0)11 407 8791

Wow, sounds like Stephen's your man LOL.

We've used Jarred Stein at Hitchcock (http://www.hitchcock.com.au/). He's been great, really nice guy and knows his business. A bit expensive, but he was referred by a trusted family friend (Cidalia - Actually posted above:-) and we're happy with our progress thus far!

• 2 weeks later...

I did my visa on my own (for a family of 4) without any assistance from agents. In my opinion they don't really bring any value to the process, and it cost me half of what agents quote.

The main thing is that you have to do you home work before you start by reading what the aussie immegration website says the process is. It is pretty clear what you have to do and in what order it is to be done. Having said that there is not much home work to be done.

Anybody who say they can speak to the Aussies to bump you up the queue or spead up your process is lying through their rotten teeth. If they say they will help you answer the questions in certain style they want you use help your chances, they are speaking rubbish, the forms (online or paper versions) are largely checkbox orientated. There is one section where you type in a paragraph about yourself.

I don't know anybody personally that has completed the process using an agent, while I know 4 other people that have been granted their visas by going it solo.

Ultimately though, go with who and what you feel comfortable with. Good luck.

@queball

Agree with you for the most part, anyone who has a straight forward application and no funnies with their work experience or qualifications and that do not have any medical issues in the family that may present a problem should really consider going it solo, there is enough info between the immi.gov site and saaustralia.org to get you through this process however agents do have their place and the ones that contribute to this site and that come highly recommended by some of the forumites, have turned some situations that looked impossible around for the people involved, so don't write them off completely.

We have definitely learnt our lesson and hope that others can benefit from it, only make use of agents that have good (and proven) reputations that come recommended by fellow forumites. I found out yesterday that our ex-agents (who we did our homework on and they seemed professional and reliable) have a rather unsavoury reputation yet they have lots of people from South Africa falling over their feet to pay them for a service they aren't going to get in the long run.

I also agree with you that this is a very personal choice and that each prospective immigrant needs to decide and go with what they feel comfortable with in the end. We used an agent initially because we felt under pressure to get the application in before 1 July because we did not feel confident that we stood much of a chance on the new system and did not want to take any chances, turned out that using the agents we did was the wrong decision in the end and that everything worked out and all we are now waiting for is that final decision.

Good luck with the rest of the process and if you don't already have an answer I hope you have one soon.

Edited by HadEnoughofJuju

Better late than never! Stephen Dickson - very professional and got us through the very traumatic TRA process and then pulled a rabbit out of a hat by getting our visa application in 1 day before the deadline and smooth sailing from submission to grant!

Yes, in hindsight I probably could have done the work myself but (a) we would still be trying to get through the TRA process (OH is self-employed) and (B) we would only be getting our visas in 2020.....

Stephen kept us up to date at all points of the process, his fees were reasonable and he never seemed to tire of my numerous emails rechecking facts and timings etc... very patient man!

• 5 weeks later...

We initially started with Global Visas and weren't happy with their methods, and are now using Stephen Dickson who is just amazing in every sense of the word!

Good luck :)

• 4 months later...

Hi, I've started working with Shirleen Reynolds of Migration Australia - Is this the same person mentioned above - Australia Migration??. I haven't sign a contract yet and wanted to make sure before I sign - So far - really no complaints - She seems well informed and reply back on email and telephonic queries.

Hi! We are using Shelley Faul from New World Immigration. We are so happy.

Okay and my 2c, migrate2oz. Reuven and his team has been fantastic. Also assisted friends who are already in Oz, and another couple doing the process with us.

We going to us Myer Lipschitz at immagine-immigration very professional so far.

• 1 month later...