Unabridged Birth Cert - Birth Entry Number?

AnnieL

Could anyone please tell me where do I find my birth entry number? Need to fill it in on the application for birth certificate form.

Hi

You don't need to worry about that. Just as long as you have the rest of the info. Applied for ours on Saturday.

Oh yeah and it is R75 per certificate.

Never heard of it. We never needed to fill in such a number. As long as they have your birth date and place of birth, thy should be able to find it.

Thanks. I hope Rustenburg's Home Affairs is as efficient as some other branches seem to be.

• 4 years later...
On 10/10/2012 at 9:22 PM, AnnieL said:

Could anyone please tell me where do I find my birth entry number? Need to fill it in on the application for birth certificate form.

Hi AnnieL,

I have the same question and since your question has not been answered I want to pose the same question to someone out there that actually knows the answer;

Where can I find my birth entry number?

To me this is an important question since I have to reapply for my unabridged birth certificate because none of my parents' IDs were printed on it. They told me to just write it in but that defeats the entire purpose of the 'Unabridged' Birth Certificate.