Jhb Get Together - 6th October 2012

miraclebabycaw

I can definitely recommend 1st, to attend such a gattering as we have benefited so much from it and made such good friends. 2nd, all of the people at the picnic that headed to Perth are now part of our network and have become dear friends and great support! We would not have achieved as much as we had without them.

3rd, the botanical gardens in Roodepoort was an awsome venue, children could run around freely, we took toys and they could ride on a mini train and there is also waterfall. Oh and a BIG tortoise walking the gardens. So parents can walk along with children and chat as they walk. Or sit and have a chat while everybody tucks in, their picnic goodies. We took gazebos for shade.....or if you are worried about rain......

There are porters........which you pay R10 if I remember correctly and they will trolley in your gear.....like gazebo, coolerbox, toys etc.

It was really worth the effort and a relaxing day out.

If anybody is heading to Perth and needs help on this side, PM us, we are more than happy to help!

Enjoy your gathering!

• Like 1

Love all the ideas. Gazebos with flags is a definite.....maybe to make things fun, each family attending can bring a plate of typical sa food that "they will miss the most" and we can all share... Bit of a conversation starter.... Eg vetkoek, milktart...

Would like to add my hubby proposed to me at the botanical gardens 15 years ago and this will be the first time we are going back. Should be fun :)

Edited by Lisle
  • Like 2

I will bring my gazebo & Ozzy flag ...

Some people preferred to sit on picnic blankets, others took camping chairs.....choice is yours

• Like 1

Sounds great.

Will speak to the Hubby. We are leaving Nov or Dec. But would love to get together with everyone. I will still confirm.

Hi there, I am new to this forum but am so glad that I found it! I have been given by PR for Canberra (am I the only one going there?) and my plan is to relocate within the next 6 months. I would love to meet people that are headed South and will definitely try to make the 6th of October. Will keep checking in to be sure that I know the details.

• Like 1

I will speak to the wife but so far 6 October is open for us. That's if us Pretoria folk are welcome. Looking forward to meeting the crowd.

I will speak to the wife but so far 6 October is open for us. That's if us Pretoria folk are welcome. Looking forward to meeting the crowd.

We are from Centurion (technically Pta) and went to most get togethers in Gauteng - all sides of the Jukskei river are welcome! I am sure the rest of the forum will agree!

Edited by Whynot

Anyone is welcome no matter where they are from as long as they can come through..so yip Pta people more than welcome. The more the merrier I say. I reckon we are going to take over the botanical gardens at this rate LOL.

We still need an alternate suggestion JIC they forcast rain....

I hope someone is going to post pics of the gathering. And those of us in Aus want to see a big smile while you all say to us, "Soon you soon in Aus" and "SAAustralia!"

• Like 3

If we are talking Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens/ Kloodendal I dont know the area that well but ofr indoors JIC rain either up the road in Roodepoort or Clearwater Mall or Pappchinos/ Clearwater-Weltevreden http://www.papachinos.co.za/? Does anyone on that side of the world know where we can gather? Restaurant Little Falls or further down Tres Jolie past Lifestyle (off Beyers Naude) they have got a little farm yard they use for children's party and have a big indoor restaurant. http://www.tresjolie.co.za/index.htm

Sounds good all..Ok so for definite Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens. If there is any chance of rain then Papachinos. I think we should do a final confirmation by the Wed before on the gardens or Papchinos based on weather forcasts.

We've done the Papachino's thing on a previous get together and the problem with this venue or any restaurant setup is that you don't get to interact with everyone due to the seating / table arrangement. It also seems to create a more formal atmosphere rather than a picnic type vibe. This is if weather permits though.

Just my 2 cents worth...

PS. For a large table, Papachino's required a substantial deposit in order to secure booking.

ok well we'll just worry about it at the time. I'm SURE though we are going to have great weather so the gardens are going to be perfect

• 2 weeks later...

We would also like to join even though we are from PTA ;)

You had BETTER be there :)

Hahahahahaha... ya... spot the peer pressure ;)

• Like 1