We are new!

KarlBarnard

Hi Everyone,

We are new to the forum and we would like to introduce ourselves.

We started our Australian journey back in September 2008 when we lodged our visa application and one year later our visa was granted. We did our LSD trip in February 2010 and decided that Melbourne is where we want to settle. Between then and now we spent a lot of time on deciding when to make the move and at the beginning of this year we finally decided that the time has come!

The house is up for sale and is currently under offer (it has been sold twice already but the banks weren't very accommodating to the buyers) and we're hoping that it would go through as this is currently the only thing impacting our move. The plan is for me to go over and for my wife to join me as soon as I find a job.

I'm currently the Director and Project Manager of an IT consulting firm that focuses on a range of IT consulting services and my wife is a Quantitative Analyst at PwC. If everything goes well this will hopefully change soon. :ilikeit:

We hope to join everyone on the Australian continent soon.

Regards,

Karl & Mariƫtte Barnard

Edited by KarlBarnard
  • Like 2

Welcome. Good to have you here

Weolcome and good luck with selling the house. We are in the same position with trying to sell and having fun with banks..hopefuly we will all be on our way soon. I'm also in IT (but just a lowly analyst programmer :rolleyes: ). We are going to Adelaide though (on a 176 visa)...Hope we hear good news from you guys soon and you find all your answers to any questions here.

Hey there. Welcome to the forum and good luck with selling the house the move that lies ahead.

Welcome and wish you all the best.

We moved over 3 years ago but left both our houses we have since managed to sell them with agents in South Africa and are lving our new life in Australia, have been to Melbourne many times and loved it, the people, the city and sure you are going to love it.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with all the planning and move over!

Welcome.

This is great place, you will get a lot of valuable support, information, etc.

All the best.

Hallo daar.

Goeie keuse - Melbourne bo!

Verhuur sommer die huis; glad nie soveel drama nie...

Geniet die beplanning.

Welcome, I am also a Newbie....... I see we live in the same neck of the woods and are in the same industry.... All the best with your big move!,,

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

We haven't been on the forum long but we have been so motivated by all the stories that we have decided to make the move happen. We have gone from being unsure as when to make the move on Monday to resigning from our jobs today. We are flying on the 30th of August. Our heads are spinning trying to take it all in and trying to remember everyting that we need to wrap up before we go.

Exciting times!

• Like 1