Survey of South African migrants - tell your story!

RomyW

Hi All!

I have been a member of this forum for a while and have gained a lot from the wonderful discussions. Now it is my turn to ask for your help!

My name is Romy Wasserman and I am undertaking a PhD at the University of Adelaide. My topic is migration between South Africa and Australia. In particular my research focuses on migrants' motivations, settlement experiences, linkages maintained with South Africa and thoughts on citizenship and identity.

Part of the data collection for this research is by way of an online survey.

If you have migrated from South Africa to Australia please consider contributing to this research by filling in a survey!

You are eligible to participate if you were the primary applicant on your Australian visa or the spouse/partner of the primary applicant.

To fill in a survey, please click here or on the link below

https://www.surveymo...com/s/SACONNECT

More details are available on the first page of the survey. It is important to note though that your responses are anonymous.

An important part of the South Africa - Australia migration system is an element of return migration. That is, South Africans who migrate to Australia but have since returned to South Africa on a permanent basis.

South African return migrants can fill in a seperate survey here or by clicking on the below link

https://www.surveymo...s/RETURNCONNECT

Again, participants in this survey are anonymous.

So, if you are eligible please fill in a survey and forward the relevant link to others you know who might like to contribute - either South Africans living in Australia or those who migrated to Australia but have since gone back to South Africa.

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you in advance for sharing your migration story and adding to our understanding of this important migrant group.

Romy

Had to take note of your surname. Apparently my husband is also a Wassermam according to Home Affairs! He had to confirm he was not adopted! The idiots could'nt even link his ID to his surname :offtopic:

Hi

I have completed the survey. Will you give feedback re the results, i.e. general feedback/statistics

I'd like to see the results myself. We haven't moved over yet so I can't complete the survey

Archived