Totally Fed up with South Africa

Klaassen

Hi Everyone;

My husband and I are fed up with South Africa; this place is falling apart we can no longer live with the lawlessness of the country, people have lost all respect for the rules of the country and do as they like; please if anyone is out there that can help us with sponsorship, (unfortunately we do not qualify on the points system; however we do have official qualifications in both our fields of expertise) but if we get offered a sponsorship with employment we are willing to move! My husband is an excellent Safety Officer with WBHO Construction and I am a Quality Assurance Manager also for WBHO Construction; we are both very hardworking individuals and basically will do anything just so that we can get out of here! We went to Sydney in December 2010 for 5 weeks on a look and see visit and we fell in love with the place, we are willing to move to anywhere in Australia or New Zealand we are not fussy, we just want out!

Please can you get in contact with us if you are able to help us, I have detailed CV's for both of us, that I can email through to you if need be.

Many thanks

The Klaassen's

Have you been to the employment websites of Australia? sites like www.seek.com.au.

Also I would think the immigration changes coming 1st July would benefit you. I presume you have read up on the new Skills Select programme and how you can use it to find sponsorship?

Yes, we have been looking, and applying but no luck at this stage we are very new to this whole process, so any advise or assisstance will be greatly appreciated.

I will go and have a look the immigration changes that are coming the 1st July, I was not aware of the changes.

Many thanks

Good luck with your journey. By the sounds of things you will be looking for what is called a 457 visa. Please be certain to read and understand the terms and condition of a 457 visa. A lot of people fail to understand this and then get upset when they end up in Australia and have problems getting finance, rental accomadation etc, no access to state benifits like subsidised health care, school fees etc. They also find that it is difficult to change jobs because the sponsorship is tied to the company, if they get laid off they have 28 days to leave Australia if they are not able to find another sponsor, with the current economic postion of the world, there is a much higher chance of this happening, unfortatnly the 457 get the boot first.

concentrate on regional areas

mining areas in WA's pilbara, places like rockhampton in queensland, northern territory etc

the whole point of 'sponsoring' is that they want to attract people to locations where they struggle to attract labour

e

Edited by Emille

Welcome to the forum !

There is also on Facebook a page called 'Southern Africans - Jobs in Australia' Try it out, it seems to be a rather busy and active page.

Our company deals with commercial builders all the time. There's a company called Probuild in Perth, and I believe its owned by the SA company WBHO and many saffers work there. Maybe worth contacting the large construction companies directly for sponsorship. They bring in heaps of overseas skilled workers on 457 to work on projects over here. :ilikeit:

Our company deals with commercial builders all the time. There's a company called Probuild in Perth, and I believe its owned by the SA company WBHO and many saffers work there. Maybe worth contacting the large construction companies directly for sponsorship. They bring in heaps of overseas skilled workers on 457 to work on projects over here. :ilikeit:

Gosh - I think I know one of your colleagues - Bryn Fisher. Small world!

Edited by Gizmo

Thank you so much everyone; we really appreciate the help and all the fantastic support

Thanks you!