Recruitment Agent Contacts

Guest May

I am putting together a list of agencies I can call on in Aus when I get there. An ex-SA recruitment agent gave me good advice 'get there and then apply", do you know of anyone that one can call on that is recptive to assisting with good advice and guidance. I am sure there are some that stand out amongst the rest and dont just treat you like a number.

I am afraid that my dealings with recruitment agencies in Australia has definitely not been good. I prefer not to use them for myself and in my work where I do recruitment, I refuse to use them, we advertise directly.

My experience is that the agency will advertise a job, you apply, if you are not successful, then they forget about you. If you see another advertisement from them for a job that you can do, you have to call again, and lo and behold if they do not ask you to send in your cv. When you tell them they already have it, they may well say "oh but that was with a different consultant, so you will have to come in and see me". Waste of time, as far as I am concerned.

I am sure there are others that have probably had a great experience.

Ihave a list of a few pages long for recruitment agents in all sectors of the job market - it may be a bit outdated though... (Got it from Hudson a few years ago) Unfortunately I do not have the electronic "clickable" version, but will scan & upload the list as a PDF.

Basil & Liezl,

I agree that the agencies are not as effective as what each person would like them to be, but remember for them it is to fill a role and they might get 100's of resumes.Out of that 100 people only one will be happy......because they got the job. It is like any organisation with different branches, lets use the excample of a bank. Some branches is good, some is really bad. In one branch you will get a good teller and a bad teller. It is all about the consultant that deals with that position. I disagree with some statements made above, it will never be a waste of time to contact agencies, the more applications ou hand in the better your chances....BUT....the quality of your resume makes a big difference.

Unfortunately there are just to many recruient agencies to list, but let me know what fields you are in and I will try and identify 2 or 3 agencies thatI belief is not to bad for that area.

This is just my personal view and might be right or wrong.