Obviously another newbie..haha

Bloem860602

Hey all..

Right to start off..My name is Pieter..now everybody go hey Pieter..haha

just joking by the way.

Ive recently decide that in the long run and the short run Oz is and will be a better option that SA. The question or questions which I currently have are as follows:

First off, who can I trust? Are there any real agents in South Africa or are they all just a Bunch of okes trying to make a quick buck.

Whenever you do open a newspaper it filled with adverts of agents who now all the ins and outs..but do they really.The thing is I am really keen on getting everything in order and all but I honestly just do not know where to start..and I did check,there is not a book called 'Immigration for dummies'.

I think one of my burning questions are, which visa is the right visa to apply for and for what do I qaulify annnnnd do I really qaulify for any visa at all? Now this is the part which hurls me back to the previous question..All the people I've spoken to cannot really give me straight answer..They start out with a skilled migrant visa and then get confused along the way..or maybe it is just me.

So here goes then.. I am a qaulified electrical tradesman,been qaulified since 2007. Now some of these people say that I am not qaulified long enough and some say I don't have anything to worry about..dammit ,which one is it then.I got a number of a agent in oz who I phoned..The conversation started something like...Sir,you'll have to send me a deposit of a ludacris amount of money aswell as you cv and I'll get back to you..that si lovely I thought.

So, if there is any of you guys who can maybe put me in touch with a honest agent,preferably one that is in SA who you can actually speak to in person..that'll be awsome...or is it better to apply by yourself..anybody,please just help this lost soul.

Thanx in advance

Welcome Pieter

Hope you find the answers you are looking for on this forum.

We did our application ourselves but from this forum I have noticed many people have only good things to say about their agents.

Am sure you will hear from them soon.

RAD

Hello Pieter,

Welcome. We are using an agent. She is just awesome and does not charge an arm and a leg. We are using Migration Assist (based in Cape Town). If interested, I could PM you her details. We have never met her or had a long telephone conversation. (I spoke to her personally for the first time about 3 weeks ago to discuss our Sponsorship application - it was a quick 2 min talk! Currently residing in Saudi Arabia, we needed someone we can communicate with mostly via email, but would still like to get a reasonably quick response to all our questions and uncertainties. My husband is also a tradesmen. Great service and we know about everything every step of the way.

Hi Pieter

Welcome to the forum :-)

We did our application ourselves as well. We just did loads of printing and reading from the Aus immigration site (immi.gov.au) and then submitted our application.

Good luck.

There are a number of migration agents that assist on this forum, you are welcome to PM anyone of them, they are always happy to assist and they all come highly recommended.

Send a PM to:

SD_MOA (Stephen Dickson of Migration Outcomes Australia - many on this forum have used his services!)

Fiona (Fiona Carre of Carre Migration Australia - many on this forum have used her services!)

Ajay (Who is a host on this forum - always willing to help!)

Welcome Pieter, SD_MOA Stephen Dickson of Migration Outcomes Australia gets my recommendation, he assisted us with the state sponsorship although we did the rest ourselves.

Whatever agent you choose to use, do a quick search on this forum and see the good or bad that peeps have posted about them

We used ASA - they were absolutely fantastic (based in SA and Aus)

Whichever agent you choose, make very sure they are MARA registered, otherwise you risk watching your money gallop off into the sunset while you are left without a horse!

Thanks for all your help guys.Apprecaite the effort up and till now

Welcome to the forum!

We are using Migrate2Oz and are very happy with them.

Just make sure you read about the agents on this forum as a few people have had problems and an agent costs plenty.

Also make sure they are mara accredited.

Good luck.

I have been on the forum for over 3 years and in that time I have only heard glowing reports about Stephen Dickson, and plenty of the formites have used him. Remember, you dont have to go the whole way with a agent. He can give you plenty of advice, especially which visa to go for, and then you can do it yourself. You have to do most of the paper gathering homework yourself anyway. By the way, get started on those asap.

Werlcome Peter

This forum has lots and lots of information on how to do it yourself as well as which agents to use. First make sure that who ever you use have good references from the peeps on this forum and that they are registered with MARA. Also make sure that they at least have an office in South Africa that you can actually drive to and give someone a piece of your mind if it comes to that. We are using agents and must say that has not been a pleasant experience so far. Also stick to the agents that are recommended on this forum, they have proven themselves to the community.

Good luck and with the journey and we hope that all goes well.

hey Pieter

Welcome in the formily - foramily - famum - aaaagh, forum family ! :-)

You already had all the tips you needed, so I say as Jordy says: hey Pieter !

Hey there alida..

I must admit, this is probably the friendliest forum I have ever joined..The people here are all willing to help and for some reason very friendly

Awsome

It's because we ARE friendly, hehehe.

Hi

We used Reuven at Migrate2Oz - he was brilliant. Not sure what the charges are these days though. Get started asap though if you can.

Good luck

Welcome Pieter.

We went to the aussie expo in Feb where we had a consultation with agents and they assessed us and advised us on what visa we qualify for.

When then applied for our visa ourselves.

Good luck

Hey there to all, once again

Any of you guys who can maybe help me out with the pros and cons of an company sponsored visa..? I've heard this birdie whistling of a company who is apparently keen on sponsoring south africans,but I'm trying to decide which is best...Picking the company sponsored route or any of the other.

Thanks in advance for all your help and comments, they reallllly do help alot.

Under the new SkillSelect program starting 1st of July, you can put your CV in a 'pool' on the Oz Goverment's website, from where a company (who can prove that they can't find anybody locally), can indicate interest in employing you, then you will be invited to apply for a 457 - if it will be sponsored, I think depends on the company itself. I'm not sure if the state sponsored visa's falls under this program or not. If you have contact with a company wanting you 'outside' the SkillSelect program, I can only guess there will have to be some accountability from the company's side to proof that they could not find someone locally, anyway. This is as much as I (think) I know !

Archived